“A good recommendation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ostaria Al Garanghelo

Ostaria Al Garanghelo
Ranked #550 of 1,409 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Oakham, United Kingdom
“A good recommendation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Having followed our tripadvisor research, we were not disappointed. We enjoyed an evening meal, sat outside and received warm friendly service. Both the pasta dishes we had were excellent and the cold meat dish with salad was good.
As another reviewer has reported, we had to pay for bottles of water and the overall price was not over expensive considering that one the dishes contained sea food etc. We could have chosen cheaper dishes. We will certainly return again if we have time.

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
“A wonderful restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

After a day of exploring in Venice, we were looking for a smaller, reasonably-priced restaurant with outdoor seating so that we could enjoy a good dinner, relax and enjoy lots of interesting people watching. The restaurant proved to be an excellent choice. We ordered from the daily menu - a selection of fish starter and then a selection of second courses, all for 14 Euros each. Our meals were excellent, the service was unhurried but attentive, and the location a few minutes away from the hustle and bustle by the Grand Canal was ideal. We had a great time, a wonderful meal and then a short stroll to the canal to catch the next vaporetto.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MJavier2014
“Amazing Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went here for dinner after a long day of walking around Venice.
I had the Seafood Spaghetti and it was the best seafood spaghetti I've ever had and would highly recommend it!
The prices are very reasonable for food however seemed quite high for drinks (we were able to find house wine on the back page of the menu which was cheaper).
They give you bread when you sit down (which is not free- €1 each) which is something to watch out for if you don't want the bread.
The service was great and I wish I could go back again and again!

1 Thank Carol D
Sydney, Australia
“Great food lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here on a bit of a splurge on our first day in Venice. I had the mixed seafood starter plate (to myself) and a mixed salad and my partner had the penne arabiata and the polenta and mushrooms on the side. The meal took quite a long time to come which we didn't mind because we were enjoying just sitting and the restaurant was quite busy. When the food came it was obvious it was all freshly made and so the wait seemed totally justified. Our waitress was lovely throughout the meal and while it was pretty expensive it was worth it for genuinely good and fresh food!

1 Thank danigross88
Helsinki, Finland
“Good food but will never be back again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I saw a tripadvisor recommended sign on the restaurant window and decided to try this. The food is great taste, but the Carbonara dish was very salty. Well the deal breaker is the staff's attitude and service. We asked for a jug of water, after ordering some wine, the waitress said it's sparkling or still pointing to a menu with 2 euro. Most other restaurants we go to in Venice just place a jug of water for free. (for example the famous Gam Gam restaurant in Cannaregio). So I said no it's ok. She then showed a look on her face to us!! Thereafter it was downhill - another male staff kept walking back and forth around our table, we have 4 people, and as soon as one of us finished eating he took the plate away. Isn't it common table practice to only collect the plates when all are done?

The last straw was when we are all finished with the food, and plates cleared, he placed a coke bottle cap on the table, and he said "take it as a souvenir". It was the worst experience so far we had in restaurants. There are many great food in Venice and it is not worth patronising one with the worst service. I wonder if it is racism or what.

• Visited June 2014