“Great location and price”
Review of A Venice Emeralds

A Venice Emeralds
Ranked #376 of 454 Venice B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location and price”
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

It's more a B than a B&B as there is no breakfast but the accommodation is very suitable, clean and comfortable. It's in a good area of Venice and is great value for money, we stayed in a 1 bed with 2 adults and 2 children and were very comfortable with lots of room. It is difficult to find when you first arrive but I think that would be the case for any hotel in Venice, directions are a nightmare and it takes a few days to get your bearings. Host s polite, friendly and welcoming. I would stay here again and recommend

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Edkeo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, UK
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

We were looking forward to staying here because of the good reviews written. Alas two weeks after booking we were cancelled apparently due to the credit card authorisation denied. I'm not sure why as we've never had this problem before and I regularly book accommodation on the same card. I emailed to ask them to reinstate and I would happily prepay full amount November for our stay in February rather than just per authorisation. I appreciate it is busy during Carnivale and they do not need false booking. Not interested and I even tried to book again on booking.com and find the room rate now almost 3x (120 - 310) more than I booked at!!! Am now suspicious there was ever a problem and am looking forward to staying somewhere else.

Stayed November 2012
5 Thank tjncj
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My wife and I spent a long week-end in Venice and I chose the A Venice Emeralds 1&2 after checking trip advisor. It seemed too good to be true, but it was all that I read about it and more. We had a room in Emeralds 2 across the way from Emeralds 1. The room was immaculate and cleaned each day. The breakfast room , which was in Emeralds 1, was delightful and the breakfast was excellent and plentiful. Giuseppe , the owner, was a terrific host. It is an ideal location. We would certainly recommend it and hopefully we will return.The B&B is very handy for San Marco and the Rialto bridge, and the many restaurants (Agli Artisti is just round the corner - excellent food, very friendly staff) and bars.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IanStewart1946
Thionville, France
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My best friend and I decided to go to Venice for a weekend as a lovely get away from everyday life. My friend was in charge of booking the hotel. She chose the Venice Emeralds, and that was such a fab idea!!! The place was amazing, the room was decorated with taste and was extremely welcoming. The b&b is situated in a little typical venetian street and really easy to find. A special thank you to Giuseppe, the owner, who has been so helpful with us. We asked him for some detailed advice (restaurant, shopping...) about Venice and he helped us to find everything we needed. He also cooked the breakfast every morning, which was absolutely delightful! We would advice Venice Emeralds to all travellers heading to Venice, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Calibeauty
Sydney
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My partner and I are on a month long holiday in Europe. I had pre-planned all our hotels for this trip, after weeks of searching for a hotel in Venice I decided to book this little BnB, A venice Emerald. When I booked, I didn't realise we had booked a room with share bathroom, however the wonderful owner Guisppe noticed this straight away and upgraded us to a beautiful room for free. The building is tucked away in a quite alley, but is quite easy to find. We did have to call to find it, but Guisppe was honest and clear with his directions, and to our supprise we were practically standing right next to it lol.
The BnB has no lift, but I think most places in Euope are like that, and after staying in Malta for 2 weeks we really wern't phased. Beside Guisppe, a rather strong Italian man, helped carry our luggage up to the room after he sat us down and showed us a map and answered any questions we had.
The rooms are all renovated and look EXACTLY LIKE THE PHOTOS <those other comments are rubbish> the bathrooms are beauitful and have the bed made and supllied with fresh towels daily. I found the area quite easy to sleep in, some noise but come on this is Venice not a country town. Anyway, after a nice meal and a bottle of wine, one should be able to sleep just fine lol
Giusppee was honest with suggestions on the better places to eat and sightsee, as well as transport etc. Really good advice.
If your smoker than you'll love the little smokers patio!
My partner and I wern't really on a budget, but this place is def the best value for money that I had found in Venice. And I'd rather have more money to spend shopping and dinning than having a grand canal view room anyway.
Oh and the breakfast is to die for!
Thankyou A Venice Emeralds for a great stay in venice!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jasminia_gough
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My sister and I stayed at this B&B in the middle of June. We had originally booked to stay in the hostel run by the same owner, but because there was some availability in the B&B, we were offered an upgrade for an unbeatable price. In many ways, this was the perfect stay. Guiseppe, the owner, was extremely welcoming and spared no detail helping us plan our stay in Venice. As a former chef, he personally makes the croissants for breakfast - a wonderful touch! The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and came with a minibar so we could store drinks and food - so important when you're on a budget! While there is no lift for the B&B, rest assured that Guiseppe will personally carry your luggage up and down for you. The only slight flaw in this miracle of a place is that the air-conditioner is a little noisy so we wouldn't use it throughout the entire night. But it didn't really matter - once the room gets cool enough, you just switch it off. A big thank you to Guiseppe for his exemplary manner and unparalleled service.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Anna V
Dublin
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We were really pleased with our choice of staying at A Venice Emeralds. The location is perfect, tucked away in a side street it's about 5 minutes or so to walk to either the Rialto bridge or St Mark's square. I loved the rustic feel of the building, but it was fitted out with new furniture that still blended with the rustic theme, while the bathroom was clean and looked recently renovated. Breakfast was simple but very satisfying. Giuseppe is a fantastic, helpful host; he sits down with you at check in and points out everything you need to know on a map. I know some of the reviews have said Giuseppe was rude to them, but all I can say is that he'll treat you as you treat him - be polite, be friendly and you won't have a problem. If that's not for you then I'd stay in a hotel.

Room Tip: Familiarise yourself with a map of Venice before you get there! Use piazza Santa Maria as a landmark...