“Hospitable, inexpensive, tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Al Redentor

Ristorante Al Redentor
Ranked #436 of 1,409 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Giudecca
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Hospitable, inexpensive, tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

For anyone staying on the Guidecca, especially those on a budget, Al Redentor is a great resource. The waitstaff does not speak English but manages fine anyway, and they are very warm and hospitable. The menu is remarkably full. We have tasted various pizzas, some seafood, and the spaghetti, all of it excellent. And the prices are very reasonable. Recently I brought a group of 11 to eat there, and they provided well for all of us. My wife and I have also enjoyed several more intimate meals here. This is mainly frequented by locals and has a nice vibe.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
“Simple Italian dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were staying at the Hilton stucky hotel in Venice and the first evening we were there we decided to walk from our hotel to find somewhere to eat for the evening.

Across the waterfront there are several bars and restaurants and we decided to try this particular one.

From the moment we approached the menu board outside we expected to be jumped on and asked to come inside. To my surprise we were not. We then approached the door and were warmly greeted and seated.

The staff are very nice and welcoming. They do not speak much English however neither I or my wife speak any Italian. Language barriers aside we understood each other and ordered our meals. I had a Parma ham pizza and my wife had a calzone with ham tomato and mushroom.

The food was then prepared where we could see them.

The food was exquisite and very tasty.

Drinks were served promptly and without any up selling.

Overall great value for money. Excellent service and would highly recommend.

Etchingham, United Kingdom
“Nice food , no pretentions, simple dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Just a short walk from the Hilton, very relaxed dining. Delicious pasta, perfect sized portions and not swamped with sauce which is the tendency back home in England. I had the Raghu with Spaghetti and my wife had the tagliatelle with Salmon. Looking around the pizzas looked excellent as did the fritto misto. Try the Venetian Pilsner

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice, but could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were the first guests on a cold October evening. Warmly welcomed, nice wine (house white). My wife had mixed seafood, and I had grilled scampi.
Probably from frozen ingredients, and a little uninspiring, but perfectly edible.
The restaurant filled rapidly after we arrived, with a mix of Venetians and tourists.

We would go back and try it again.
BEWARE: the location on the Tripadvisor map is completely wrong: this restaurant is on the island of Giudecca, almost next door to the Redentore church. Not in the middle of Venice as shown!!

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Really good informal meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

2 Euro pp cover charge (coperto). House wine was reasonable, and food was good. I had spaghetti vongole and the clams were small and sweet just like I like them. My husband had a 3 meat pizza which was delicious with a wonderful thin crust and good quality ingredients. The restaurant is on Giudecca about a 15 - 20 minute walk from the Hilton Molino Stucky Hotel.

• Visited October 2013