“This hotel is a hidden gem !”
Review of Hotel Al Malcanton

Hotel Al Malcanton
Ranked #214 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Winnipeg, Canada
“This hotel is a hidden gem !”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

When I booked this hotel I wondered why there were hardly any reviews since it opened in 2009 and I was a bit skeptical. No worries here, this hotel is quiet, cozy and well managed. It is actually two hotels one above the other managed by the same group. The attention to detail and comfort of our room was really evident after coming from a hotel in Rome that was a bit disappointing. I can also see how it would be hard to find but prior to our arrival we received an email with step by step directions and a pdf. map. Peter the owner quickly became a trusted friend doling out advice and humour. The european style breakfast was ample warm and fresh each morning. Wi-fi is included and simple to access. Clean well decorated and fairly spacious for Europe. Modern fixtures and Murano glass light fixtures.
Thank you Peter !

Room Tip: This hotel is located close to the Piazalle Roma.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank coldcanuck

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
istanbul
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We have stayed during the carnival 2011 for three nights, rooms are very clean and decorated Venetian style. Location is not close to San Marco but it is good to be far away from crowd and it gives you a choice to discover other squares very close to bus staion and train station, breakfast is ok as a continental breakfast. Silent surroundings let you
enjoy the Venice besides the carnival.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank petekatakurt
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This hotel is really great. I stayed here with my family for 5 nights and it was a pleasant, Venetian experience. I arrived earlier than my family so they stored my luggage and I could take on the sites. I was able to get into the room right on time and rest for a bit. Each morning, the hotel serves a continental breakfast with warm croissants and made to order coffee or tea. It is a nice leisurely way to begin your day! The rooms themselves are huge and extremely clean. We stayed in a triple room which had one king sized bed and then a single bed. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and easy to use. They also provided soap and shampoo for our use and enough towels for 3 people. The staff each day cleaned the room, made the bed and ordered our towels.

The highlight of this hotel is when I left I managed to leave my jewelry in the room. I didn't realize it, and thought I lost in route back to the USA. On the recommendation from my family I emailed the hotel to see by chance if I left it. They responded that after really searching they found it! It was a miracle to me! So, they sent it to me, FREE of charge back to the USA. I was so impressed with their concern and consideration of mailing it to me.

I highly recommend this hotel to travelers in Venice. It is extremely, reasonably priced. The location is very convenient to the train station and bus station. It is also convenient to all the sites. We found it very easy to walk to and from. It is also on a quiet street, so even though you are on the ground level you don't have any noises.

Their website is great and gives you a good view of the rooms and the breakfast.

Enjoy!