“I was in Venice with my family for three days and we had a most interesting and informative tour with Fernando Viotto.”
Review of A Guide In Venice

A Guide In Venice
Ranked #33 of 169 Tours in Venice
Type: City Tours, Tours
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was in Venice with my family for three days and we had a most interesting and informative tour with Fernando Viotto from A Guide in Venice. We took the First Time in Venice tour, which was a 3 hour walking tour taking in San Marco and finishing in The Rialto market with lots of information on the architecture and history of Venice along the way.

Visited October 2011

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent architectural tour in Venice”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My husband and I were in Venice for a few days in late September and our hotel was able to book an architectural tour for us with Helene Salvadori from www.aguideinvenice.com. We asked Helene to take us to see Carlo Scarpa's Olivetti shop (in St. Mark's Square) and Palace Querini Stampalia. Helene was an excellent guide, not only giving us the architectural aspects of these wonderful buildings, but also lots of historical background as well. She was very accommodating in finding information for us to answer our questions. In the Olivetti Shop, we were able to access areas normally not open to the public which allowed me to take photos of details I would have not normally seen.
The tour took 2 hours and well worth the time and money. We have been in Venice a few times in the past, but this was the first time we decided to have a guide for our architectural tour . And based from our experience with Helene, we will definitely do it again next time we're back. We had appreciated Venice even more and an excellent way to learn more about this historical city. We certainly would recommend Helene and www.aguideinvenice.com .

1 Thank Arlyn M
St.Pete Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tours In Venice”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I just returned from a cruise to the Mediterranean during which we spent a day touring the city of Venice, Italy. Our tour was set up with A Guide In Venice Tours http://www.aguideinvenice.com and the whole tour group of twelve people were very pleased with the way Sabrina, our guide, handled the tour. She was very pleasant and informative, adding little tidbits of interesting info along the way. AGIV was very helpful in helping me plan and set up the tour to include exactly what our group wanted to see. I would definitely recommend AGIV Tours to others planning a visit to Venice.

Visited October 2011
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“In our limited time, this was a good choice.”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We booked our Venice in a Day Tour online with Venice Events. They sent us good directions for meeting points for the 4 "events" we were to do.
Our first thrill was just the two of us going on a "group" ride on a gondola. Company owner Jayne told us they usually cancel a tour when there are only two who book but, since this was our only full day in Venice, she let us go ahead. Steffano, 33 years as gondolier, gave us the experience of a lifetime. He kindly declined to sing as he didn't want to ruin the ride for us. Thank you, Jayne and Steffano, for a truly memorable "ride".
Our second "event" was St. Peter's Basilica. Our guide, Nicoletta, was approachable and knowledgible and set a comfortable pace for our group. The tour allowed for "appreciation stops" to admire the amazing art and religious icons. Well done.
"Event" three was the Doge's Palace which included most everything except the private rooms on the top floor. Nicoletta presented an understandable contextual history for the various rooms, furnishings, paintings and statuary. We were taken across the Bridge of Sighs into the prison which enabled my claustrophobia to kick in just a little. We ended in the gift shop (of course) and we bought a book.
Our final "event" was a tour of the Grand Canal. Fortunately, we had the same guide who narrated a marvelous ride around Venice, through small canals and large, and ending up on the Grand Canal. Her knowledge of local history of people and buildings was helpful in understanding how Venice came to be. Very enjoyable with lots of photo opportunity from the open back deck of our vaporetto.
The timing, itinerary and guiding were very good and made for a well spent, "brain filling" day in Venice.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tours in Venice”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My wife and I along with two other couples were recently on a Holland America tour which began in Venice. Prior to the trip I booked a Venice tour thru aguideinvenice.com. The guide was a gal named Helene. She was great. Her passion for Venice was obvious. She made our introduction to Venice memorable. We did a four hour tour including one hour water and three hours walking. If you book ask for Helene.

1 Thank Paul W