“Day trip to the Dolomites”

Veneto Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 39 Food & Drink in Venice
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Had a wonderful trip to the Dolomites yesterday. We were picked up at Piazza Roma in Venice, although we could've been picked up much closer to where we were staying(Treviso)
Our guide was Miriam, she was a lovely lady and very knowledgable. Her English is exceptional.
She pointed out many interesting things along the way and advised us as to the best places to shop and eat. We had a morning stop in Cortina where we looked at some shops and had a lovely pastry. We continued on to Rifugio Lavaredo where we had a spectacular view of the Dolomites and all the little towns below. We went on to a beautirful lake called Lago Di Misurina where we had a lovely lunch on the edge of the lake. We walked around the lake and took some picturesque photos. From here we drove on ton Cadore and saw another lake called Auronzo Di Cadore before returning home. It was a glorious day with lovely company. Miriam wasn't like a guide ,she was more like a close friend. I would recommend this trip to anyone and I would certainly do it again myself.

3  Thank Ausausaus

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This guided tour to Prosecco Land has been unforgettable. The landscape, the wine tasting but above all, the professionalsm demostrated by Miriam have made this one day tour the best experience I had in ages. The agenda is carefully engineered , a good mix of sightseeing , wine tasting and picturesque spots. thanks again !

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We visited Venice in the beginning of June this year. My husband and I both love Proseco so we decided to do a tour. We looked on tripadvisor and read the reviews for Veneto Tours. We contacted Miriam who was great! She was quick to respond to our emails and provided us with all the information. The tour was excellent. We visited two wineries and each was spectacular. We stopped and had an enjoyable and relaxing lunch. We would definitely do other tours with Miriam and definitely recommend the Proseco tour. We had a wonderful day! Thank you, Miriam!

Charles and Connie Eidschun

1  Thank ConnieEidschun
Reviewed 29 May 2013

When in Venice you have the possibility to se nearby some of Palladios villas. This renaissance architect was the master of beautiful "country houses" for the italian aristocracy. Some of the most know villas: Villa Foscari 1574), Vila Pisani, villa Foscarini (visited by Lord Byron) lie like a pearl row along the Canal de la Brenta. It's not far Venice city and can be done as a delightful day tur..Man can also take a boat tur on the Brenta and enjoy the sight of those extraordinary houses.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

As someone who studied Palladio in architecture school, I wasn't sure what level of quality we would be getting when I contacted Miriam via EMail from the states. Miriam's Emails before the tour,however, gave me a good feeling about everything. When she sent me a detailed map of where to meet, and called me an hour before the tour, I felt even better. But I felt best of all when we took the tour, as it became clear that Miriam has an excellent knowledge of Palladio, both the exterior architecture and his use of perfect ratios and dimensions, what the interior frescoes are about, the history of the villa owners, as well as general knowledge of the surrounding region. I should also add that Miriam is an excellent driver and general conversationalist! All in all, I would highly recommend her as a tour guide.
Harry