Belmond Hotel Cipriani
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Messner(Venice)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal(Venice)
La Basilica(Venice)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsorient expresscip's clubgeorge clooneylagoon view suiteprivate boatst markshotel boatvenice film festivalmain restaurantminute boat ridefour seasonsst mark's squarewater taxiboat servicegiudecca islandconcierge staffelegant hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I don't know how anyone could give less than 5 stars, a beautiful hotel inside and out, friendly, helpful staff. The rooms were enormous, the bed was huge (can you tell that I don't normally stay in places like this?!) it was very special, the breakfast was very, very nice and the restaurants in the hotel were lovely. We didn't have to wait long for our boat to and from the hotel to St marks square. I felt very special and very happy, or was a truly special experience for my first time in Venice

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank caz776
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our third visit to Venice and second stay at the Cipriani, which just oozes glamour and sophistication - one can imagine Liz Taylor and Richard Burton in their heyday swanning through the lobby! The staff are charming, friendly and attentive, the rooms spacious and beautifully decorated with balconies or terraces. Both the main restaurant and Club Cip by the water's edge are excellent and the breakfasts particularly splendid, especially when washed down with the free-flowing Prosecco! The swimming pool is huge and beautiful and a rarity in Venice. Perhaps the best thing about the Cipriani is it's location on Giudecca island, a very short boat ride from the main island, but enough to feel remove from all the hustle and bustle and crowds, especially during the busier seasons. Airport access is about 20-30 minutes by boat, which is a lovely way to arrive at an airport!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms overlooking the gardens are enormous!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tancred1964
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We arrived with several others but were welcomed warmly and the check-in process was quick and efficient. Our room was very large and, with a garden view, had a spacious private terrace with sun beds, table and chairs. Throughout our stay, staff were friendly and efficient.

A complimentary boat service runs across to a private landing in Piazza San Marco or there is a near-by vaporetti stop close to the hotel from which you can reach the other islands. Food and drink in the hotel is very expensive, even by Venetian standards. The food is excellent but there is a lot to be said for exploring the city - a mini-bar price list would have been nice as it would allow guests to decide if the wish to spend more than €10 on a small bottle of water or beer! The included breakfast offers excellent variety and quality, which may be served in your room or on the terrace looking out onto the lagoon.

It is expensive but is somewhere that I would choose again, for its location, ambience and level of service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Staying at the Cipriani was the fulfilment of a long held ambition. The depth of skill and experience of the whole Cipriani team is so welcoming and warming. Many grand people stay there but 'ordinary' folk like us were just as welcome. The style of the food at Oro is a work in progress but, like everything else, it will settle and stand the test of time

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank HediardsMacaroon
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This review is late in coming because I stayed at the Cipriani in October 2012 in conjunction with a trip on the Orient Express. First of all I was given a room in a building adjacent to the hotel. While the room was beautiful, as a single female travelling alone I felt rather isolated there and requested a room in the main building. I was given a 'suite' as that was all that was available. I can assure you that you would never find photos of this suite on Cipriani's website or any of their promotional brochures. The suite was stuck in the 1990's. Tacky faux finishes with porcelain lemons stuck to the walls. Worn wall to wall carpeting & cracked floor tiles in the bathroom.

I was surprised that there was no iron or ironing board in the room so I called house keeping to request one. I was told that for safety purposes (???) we were not allowed to have irons in the rooms but that they could do it for me. I asked what the charge would be as all I wanted was the sleeves to be ironed, I was told to check the prices on the laundry list found in my room. It was 18 euros to have it laundered and when I called back to say that I only want to have it ironed I was told they don't have a separate price for ironing. Needless to say I left the hotel with wrinkled shirt sleeves.

Since my time in Venice was limited I wanted to see as much possible so I asked the front desk for advice on tours. They recommended a personal tour for 70 euros that would take me to the island of Murano. I took the tour & was picked up by my tour guide who I recognized as the taxi driver who picked me up at the airport. He pointed out a few historical places along the way but mostly it was a brisk ride straight to Murano where I was met by an employee from one of the factories who did not leave my side from the moment I got there to the moment I left. So that was basically my tour. When I arrived back to the Cipriani I took the shuttle to the main land where I discovered a tour that was more of the type I wanted. Half day tour that included 3 islands for 20 euros. I complained to the staff at the Cipriani for not informing me that there were other more comprehensive tours available. I was given a refund for the tour which I really didn't care about as I lost a day which I couldn't get back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo