Bauer Palazzo
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Kette Hotel(Venice)
2,662 results
All reviewsgrand canalcasa novawater taxibreakfast terracesuperior suitefive star hotelwalk in closetdesigner shopsconcierge staffgondola stationperfect locationbeautiful hotelharry's barturn down servicethe main hotelsan marco squaremarble bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Good hotel, it's being in Venice that makes the hotel work as one would expect rather more for the price and status. The service is professional yet not friendly, the rooms are well kept and the bathrooms are clean with all the necessary amenities. Get a room with view.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JimmyTheToucan
BauerHotels, Manager at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for submitting your review of the property. I am delighted about your positive comments but disappointed to hear of your concerns with the non-friendly service. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at prusconi@bauervenezia.com or +39 041 5207022.

Warmest regards,

Pietro Rusconi

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We actually stayed in another building and not in the main hotel so I can't comment on the rooms in the main hotel. The building we stayed at was right by the main building. The rooms are dated and the decor almost looks like it belongs in a museum but everything was very nice. Wifi was very spotty at best.

The Bauer is located in a great location. Its right by the Piazza San Marco. Its quiet noisy at times due to all the tourist traffic around. Small price to pay for the prime location. You can walk to anywhere in Venice.

The concierge offered excellent suggestions for dinner and provided us with directions and what to do in Murano and Burano. Breakfast was served every morning out on the terrace overlooking the canals. Beautiful!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jello0109

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review the standards of service after your recent visit. We are delighted to read so many positive comments and are grateful for your annotations which will be kept in high consideration, helping us to improve our standards. Guests’ impressions and feedback are a valuable tool, which is always used to other guests’ advantage.
Thank you again for complimenting us for our location and service. In particular, we are very pleased that you have appreciated our effort to make your stay one to remember.
We look forward to your continued patronage at BAUER Hotels.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were given one of the few rooms (533) with a walk-in shower, which also was also high enough for a nice view and sunlight; and was the largest superior in the hotel. We had a "European" king (two twins stuck together) with interesting lumps. The rooms were serviced twice a day, breakfast was included in our rate.
The staff were wonderful, providing help and information cheerfully. Their English language ability ranged from good to excellent, so communication was not a problem. The concierge desk was staffed by people with a range of local knowledge - with Carlo and Massimo the two most helpful.
Prices within the hotel, and the shops nearby, are off-the-charts expensive. Don't eat at the hotel unless you are desperate. Protect your wallet when walking by the major label stores. But, all of Venice is expensive given its a tourist destination and all products have to be shipped in.

Room Tip: Room 533 is large, with a nice view, with a walk-in shower and good sized bathroom,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BauerHotels, Manager at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Bauer L’HOTEL. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback but also to receive constructive comments which can help us improve our service

We look forward to your continued patronage at BAUER Hotels.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Last year I reviewed the Bauer Casanova next door to the main hotel. My experience had reflected the lack of tea and coffee making (despite the suite having a kitchenette with nothing in it), the lack of light in the suite and the hopelessness of the internet.

This year there was an on-line deal for the main hotel and, despite my misgivings, we decided to give it another go. Having taken the necessary precaution of bringing my own mugs, dipstick water boiler and tea bags, I was equipped for the lack of in-room tea and coffee making but still feel this is unacceptable for a hotel calling itself 5 star.

We were there for three nights in what was called a "superior" room. This seems to be a bit of a misnomer as, as far as I could work out, there was nothing inferior to it - in other words in this context superior means basic. The first night we were in a "courtyard" room. Another misnomer, the courtyard was a light well barely bigger than a lift shaft which, for some reason, had been painted a dark green which absorbed any shaft of light which managed to find its way down to us. Being on the 3rd floor we had to lean out of the window and crane our necks right up to catch a glimpse of a tiny bit of sky. It was completely and unacceptably claustrophobic.

I understand that I can't expect a view when booking on a deal, but I think one has the right to expect a modicum of daylight whatever one pays. The next morning, I requested a change of room. There was much sucking of teeth and shaking of heads on the main desk but I managed to collar the very nice concierge Massimo who had helped us check in the day before and the minute he was involved, cogs started turning and keys were exchanged. Thanks Massimo!

The second room was smaller than the first but at least we could see the sky. My only real complaints about this room was one, I had to hunt for a plug socket and eventually found a single one by moving a bedside table and two, that the room was so small that there wasn't room for a desk chair and one had to perch on the edge of the bed to use the desk - except it wasn't quite close enough for comfortable sitting and working......

So far, so bad but it wasn't all negative. The staff are actually nice on the whole and the breakfast is good. Last year I had commented that the cooked breakfast was only luke warm and I gather from my travelling companions that this continued to be the case. However, prepared for this, I avoided it completely and thoroughly enjoyed the cold meats and cheeses. On our second morning, I noticed a guest had ordered a freshly boiled egg so on the third did so myself for the sake of research. I was asked how many minutes I wanted it cooked for and a perfect and piping hot egg arrived with no extra charge. I would certainly go for this again and recommend it over the barely warm and congealed scrambled eggs in the buffet.

The location of this hotel is superb and its terrace overlooking the mouth of the Grand Canal absolutely lovely. There are major niggles with the rooms and amenities (the Internet was still painfully slow but at least it worked in the main hotel). A definite case of could do better but okay if you come prepared and spend very little time in the room.

Room Tip: Avoid a "superior" room as this is the most inferior. Avoid a courtyard room if you like daylight.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and are disappointed to hear about your concerns. If you would like to discuss them further, please contact me at 0415207022 or gcellerino@bauervenezia.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

This was our first hotel stay in Venice. Overall everything was very good. My ten year daughter thinks it was excellent so we differ in opinion. The location couldn't be any better but I was a bit disappointed to learn that the lobby and restaurant are in a 15th century palazzo and the rooms are actually in a modern building connected to the lobby by a series of elevators. This can make getting to your room feel like quite a journey. We were upgraded to a full suite after booking a Jr. suite. The room was quite large with two bathrooms and again my daughter loved it. The decor was a bit too Elvis inspired for my personal taste but was overall very nice and spacious. The service was good and the restaurant has breathtaking views of the canal. The extensive 7th floor breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Mitzicmich
BauerHotels, Direttore at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for your extensive feedback on your stay at Bauer Palazzo
We highly appreciated your comments and the entire Team is delighted to know that the experience was up to your expectation.
We really look forward to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact us for any futher information.

Best Regards