“Close by”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pizza was decent but lasagna was not really good at all. The waitress was pleasant. For the price and the quality I was not really impressed.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant meal here one balmy evening in June. The menu is varied and reasonably priced. The service was excellent and the house Rose was good. The restaurant is much bigger than the Osteria Ae Cravat which is opposite and has more tables outside. The meals arrived quickly and as exactly as ordered. The restaurant was busy each night we walked past which is always a good sign and was the reason we gave it a go ourselves. We're glad we tried it. Recommended.

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

This place is another must try in Venice. Situated very close to the train station, everything we tried was excellent!!!! I had the aglio olio spaghetti and it was so so amazing!

The ambiance is very cosy and the waiters are very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Across the road from the " cravat " restaurant and a good fall back .Family run ( I saw the owner taking her children to school the next day ) and food is fine .I am not a foody , if it tastes nice and a good atmosphere and its not too expensive then I am happy .I did have steak with a Gorgonzola sauce which was breathtaking .I would not have classed it as a tourist restaurant but thinking back most diners were tourists , mostly couples who seemed happy with the laid back atmosphere . It was better than what we would get in Dublin for the same price .A lot of scary stories about cost of and standard of food in venice .This is a safe option . When we return ( and I guess everyone returns to Venice ) we will go back to eat here .

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were staying nearby and picked this restaurant based on popularity - it had quite a few customers in and was full soon after we sat down.The service was good and the restaurant atmospheric.

Lasagne was our choice of starter and it was very tasty with a memorable sauce. We had salmon for our main course - it was somewhat dry and coloured our overall enjoyment of the meal. Perhaps we were unfortunate and, had it not been for this, I'd rate Antico Gafaro at four stars but, as it was the main element of the main course, I can only rate at three.