“Great food, nice atmosphere”

Trattoria Pizzeria Antico Gafaro
Ranked #527 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Tampa, Florida
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The last leg of our 2 week trip to Italy was Venice and by the time we got there we had sampled a lot of pasta and pizzas in a lot of restaurants. I like amatriciana and tried that several places. The sauce here was the best I had anywhere. They served it on penne, which wasn't quite as much to my liking as the bucatini the other places served, but the sauce was fantastic. My friend had spaghetti bolognese and really liked that as well. They were serving prosciutto with cantaloupe as a special the night we were there and it was delicious - a huge serving, definitely a good dish to share.

• Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
Leusden, The Netherlands
“friendly but chaotic”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Friendly, but chaotic staff, because, I think a lack of experience. The food they served was alright. The staff was almost not in control and they called extra men for help, which helped.

Visited October 2013
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great pizza and friendly service”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We went here after travelling so were a bit jaded but the place was recommended by our hotel.
Very good selection of pizza and fresh fish dishes at fair prices (unlike most of Venice). House prosecco was only €12 a litre and pretty nice too. Crusts were crusty, toppings generous, so you should go!

• Visited September 2013
kapitman
“Best Bolognese ever”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This place was so good, my friend and I ate there for lunch and were looking for a place to meet a bunch of our cruise mates on the last day of our vacation. We enjoyed it so much I told the waiter we would be back for dinner with guests and 12 of us showed up and ate there for dinner. The waiter looked at me like..."you weren't lying". The Bolognese at lunch was so good that I had the same thing for dinner. YUM YUM YUM. Prices were reasonable, too. I did not have the pizza, but also enjoyed some wine and fried calamari.

• Visited April 2013
“Close by”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pizza was decent but lasagna was not really good at all. The waitress was pleasant. For the price and the quality I was not really impressed.

• Visited September 2013