“The Best Private Guide in Venice!”
Review of SeeVenice

SeeVenice
Ranked #6 of 177 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: My name's Luisella Romeo and I am a registered tourist guide in Venice. I run SeeVenice and offer private and semi-private tours in Venice and to the islands in the Venetian lagoon such as Murano, Burano and Torcello. You can also book walking tours in the city, both orientation tours and itineraries along the off-the-beaten paths. Boat tours with private watertaxi along the canals and guided tours to all museums and churches are also included as well as to temporary art exhibitions.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The first thing I want to say is that I do not write reviews often, but in the case of See Venice, I had too share my good fortune! My husband and I just returned from 5 nights in Venice, and Luisella Romeo made our days magical! Each day we took a 2- or 3-hour tour with Luisella. She took us on a private water taxi of the Grand Canal, where Luisella pointed out all of the important sights with a history about every one. She also took us to the Doges' Palace and it's secret itineraries, where she took us to areas that most tourists never see. Her knowledge of Venetian history and art history is limitless as evidenced by our visits to Ca' Rezzonico Palace, the Friari Church and Scuola di San Rocco. We loved exploring with her the neighborhoods of Dosoduro and the Jewish Ghetto/Cannaregio. Her English is absolutely perfect! What makes Luisella stand out so far about the rest, however, is her warm, gracious demeanor. She greets us with a hug and a kiss, she shows genuine interest in how we spent our evening since we last saw her the day before, and she really makes you feel special. She is more than happy to recommend restaurants, shops, really anything Venetian that you may ask. When we parted for the last time, I told her that if she ever comes to Los Angeles, she is to contact me and I will show her my city. We left Venice knowing that we will always have a friend in Venice. Run don't walk to contact Luisella. She will respond almost immediately, and I guarantee that you will have a wonderful experience seeing Venice with this lovely lady!

There are newer reviews for SeeVenice

Reviewed 20 May 2014

On our first full day in Venice we thought it would be best to take an introductory tour of the main attractions. After reading some great reviews we booked a tour with Luisella several months ahead. The email contact was very prompt and like all communication with Luisella, informative.
She managed to find two other couples to share our tour (& cost) making it quite affordable.
Luisella's depth of local knowledge and history seems to be bottomless and her enthusiasm is very infectious. The tour not only gave us a wonderful background knowledge of early days in Venice but also a great insight as to what it would be like living there today.
We would definitely recommend one of Luisella's walking tours to anyone interested in learning about Venice, or just wanting an interesting look around.
All the best, Dave and Heather

1  Thank GetaboutDave
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We arrived in Venice in the late afternoon of a perfect day in April and met Luisella of SeeVenice at the top of the Rialto for an orientation tour. We set off walking and were immediately immersed in the rich tapestry of history that makes Venice so interesting. As we walked thru narrow calli that opened into small campi with children playing soccer and along wide fondamente lined with work boats, Luisella explained how politics, commerce and religion each played an important role in shaping this beautiful city. After exploring the city on foot, Luisella had arranged a water taxi tour. We went the length of the Grand Canal then under the Bridge of Signs (this is a view few visitors to Venice get to experience). As evening began, we motored thru the canals of Castello and Cannaregio. Finally, we were returned to the Rialto ~ quite close to a lovely bacari for a glass of wine and a bite of cicchetti before dinner. Many thanks to Luisella for showing us her Venice.

2  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife did the research on the Venice leg of our vacation and chose Luisella for our tour - and I am sure glad she did. Luisella was an amazing guide and our water taxi tour through the canals was a highlight of our vacation. She really knows how to deliver a masterful tour in a relatively short period of time. We will be using her again and recommending to our friends.

3  Thank Danny M
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We came to Venice for a family gathering and Luisella showed us the Doge’s Palace, St Mark’s Basilica and we walked through the streets of Castello. We were a group of ten together with teenagers and smaller children, too. She tailored the tour to our needs and was very efficient in her email communication prior to our visit in order for us to make the most of the three hours we spent with her.
During the tour Luisella had us all fascinated, she brought Venetian history to life and everybody enjoyed the tour enormously. She has extensive local and historic knowledge and has a wonderful way of imparting this in little stories and anecdotes.
Her English is perfect and so is her German (part of our group only spoke German). A highlight of our stay in Venice!

4  Thank katpat1