“Luisella Romeo was wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SeeVenice

SeeVenice
Ranked #4 of 158 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: My name's Luisella Romeo and I am a registered tourist guide in Venice. I run SeeVenice and offer private and semi-private tours in Venice and to the islands in the Venetian lagoon such as Murano, Burano and Torcello. You can also book walking tours in the city, both orientation tours and itineraries along the off-the-beaten paths. Boat tours with private watertaxi along the canals and guided tours to all museums and churches are also included as well as to temporary art exhibitions.
Estero, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Luisella Romeo was wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My small group of 8 friends were treated to the best tour ever! Luisella was a great guide and knowledgeable Venice historian. Her stories of the history and artwork of Venice were enthralling and wonderful to listen to. She was so personable and had such a wonderful sense of humor that we fell in love with her. The end of the tour included a boat ride with her on the Grand Canal and inside Venice which was the perfect end to a great day. All of us highly recommend her for a fun day in Venice!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank John M

tucson, Az
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Luisella is simple the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I had been in Venice twice before but never really took the time to hear the history of this beautiful city. I decided to book a tour with her in advance and I have to say that she is so easy to communicate with and all emails are immediately answered.
We meet her exactly where she had asked us to meet her and she was holding a sign with my name. She took us to The Doges' Palace and St. Mark's Basilica and after seeing those two beautiful landmarks she had arranged a private water taxi. From the water Taxi she was able to show us Venice from a different point of view! We went through the Grand Canal and many back canals and neighborhoods as she pointed out many historical buildings and their history.
Her knowledge of Venetian history and the whole city is limitless! She is passionate about her city and it shows! Luisella felt more like a friend.....showing us her beautiful city, she was gracious, friendly, gentle, funny and cared about "us" and that we got the most of her knowledge.
I highly recommend Luisella!!! She is the BEST!

1 Thank tucsonishome
Malibu, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Best Private Guide in Venice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

The first thing I want to say is that I do not write reviews often, but in the case of See Venice, I had too share my good fortune! My husband and I just returned from 5 nights in Venice, and Luisella Romeo made our days magical! Each day we took a 2- or 3-hour tour with Luisella. She took us on a private water taxi of the Grand Canal, where Luisella pointed out all of the important sights with a history about every one. She also took us to the Doges' Palace and it's secret itineraries, where she took us to areas that most tourists never see. Her knowledge of Venetian history and art history is limitless as evidenced by our visits to Ca' Rezzonico Palace, the Friari Church and Scuola di San Rocco. We loved exploring with her the neighborhoods of Dosoduro and the Jewish Ghetto/Cannaregio. Her English is absolutely perfect! What makes Luisella stand out so far about the rest, however, is her warm, gracious demeanor. She greets us with a hug and a kiss, she shows genuine interest in how we spent our evening since we last saw her the day before, and she really makes you feel special. She is more than happy to recommend restaurants, shops, really anything Venetian that you may ask. When we parted for the last time, I told her that if she ever comes to Los Angeles, she is to contact me and I will show her my city. We left Venice knowing that we will always have a friend in Venice. Run don't walk to contact Luisella. She will respond almost immediately, and I guarantee that you will have a wonderful experience seeing Venice with this lovely lady!

Traralgon, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Luisella's wonderful walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

On our first full day in Venice we thought it would be best to take an introductory tour of the main attractions. After reading some great reviews we booked a tour with Luisella several months ahead. The email contact was very prompt and like all communication with Luisella, informative.
She managed to find two other couples to share our tour (& cost) making it quite affordable.
Luisella's depth of local knowledge and history seems to be bottomless and her enthusiasm is very infectious. The tour not only gave us a wonderful background knowledge of early days in Venice but also a great insight as to what it would be like living there today.
We would definitely recommend one of Luisella's walking tours to anyone interested in learning about Venice, or just wanting an interesting look around.
All the best, Dave and Heather

1 Thank GetaboutDave
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Best Introduction to Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We arrived in Venice in the late afternoon of a perfect day in April and met Luisella of SeeVenice at the top of the Rialto for an orientation tour. We set off walking and were immediately immersed in the rich tapestry of history that makes Venice so interesting. As we walked thru narrow calli that opened into small campi with children playing soccer and along wide fondamente lined with work boats, Luisella explained how politics, commerce and religion each played an important role in shaping this beautiful city. After exploring the city on foot, Luisella had arranged a water taxi tour. We went the length of the Grand Canal then under the Bridge of Signs (this is a view few visitors to Venice get to experience). As evening began, we motored thru the canals of Castello and Cannaregio. Finally, we were returned to the Rialto ~ quite close to a lovely bacari for a glass of wine and a bite of cicchetti before dinner. Many thanks to Luisella for showing us her Venice.

Visited April 2014