“Private Tour Guide In Venice worth every penny”
Review of SeeVenice

SeeVenice
Ranked #5 of 170 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: My name's Luisella Romeo and I am a registered tourist guide in Venice. I run SeeVenice and offer private and semi-private tours in Venice and to the islands in the Venetian lagoon such as Murano, Burano and Torcello. You can also book walking tours in the city, both orientation tours and itineraries along the off-the-beaten paths. Boat tours with private watertaxi along the canals and guided tours to all museums and churches are also included as well as to temporary art exhibitions.
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Private Tour Guide In Venice worth every penny”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I reserved 3 hours with Luisella this past May for my me and my husband on our first trip to Venice. First - she is very popular! I connected with her over 6 months in advance and did not have my first choice of times!

This was definitely a substantial expense but we were only in Venice for 2 days and wanted to feel that we truly experienced Venice. We spent 2 hours having her tell us about life in Venice as we walked through the windy streets. We stepped into churches as we came upon them but did not hit any of the major sights with her. The last hour we spent on a water taxi that she reserved for us.

This was definitely money well spent and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Calgary, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“See Venice the Easy Way”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Although I had been to Venice twice before I was travelling with a friend and as it was her first time and we had only two days in Venice I thought a private tour would be a good introduction. I found Luisella Romeo through Trip Advisor reviews and I thought her Venice Orientation Tour would be perfect for us and it was.

Luisella was in touch with me during the planning process, offered to change the meeting point when I was concerned about how long it might take us to disembark from our cruise ship, and really just did everything she could to accommodate us. Her tour is always a small group size and we were delighted to find only 6 of us on her tour, and the price reduced to a very reasonable 30€ as one more couple had joined the tour to make a total of six of us.

Luisella is professional, knowledgeable, friendly and has a delightful personality. She gave us so much background information on Venice and was a very enthusiastic guide with an obvious love for her city. I would not hesitate to recommend this as a great Venice experience and well worth the time and cost.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Indianajilly
shropshire
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Wonderful walk”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We booked a walk with Luisella a few months before our visit to Venice. prompt and friendly emails from Luisella before our visit with clear meeting instructions for the walk. We joined 4 others for the walk and Luisella met us on time with a friendly smile and great welcome to Venice. We saw some of the main sights as well as quieter local areas where residents gather and children play. We learnt so much about the history of Venice and present day life that we came away feeling that we understand a little bit about Venetian life. We have fallen in love with Venice and are already planning to visit again next year! and do another walk with Luisella to explore another part of Venice! We can't wait to return!

Visited June 2014
4 Thank jen1001
Marietta, GA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Deserves 6 stars”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Like everyone before us, we absolutely loved Luisella Romeo. She is a delightful, knowledgeable and fun person. We had been to Venice before, and wanted to get a little deeper this trip. We contacted Luisella ahead of time based on Trip Advisor reviews, and we were able to schedule two of her tours. Even though we'd been to Venice, we started with the Orientation tour plus a 1-hour motor boat ride to re-orient ourselves. Very glad we did that.

Luisella speaks great English, so communicating by email is easy. Her very nice website at SeeVenice.it has lots of tours to choose from or she'll make one up for you.

1 Thank Pinchbottom
Plainsboro, NJ
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Luisella is AMAZING!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We are experienced travelers......and highly recommend Luisella’s 2-hr Venice Orientation Tour to any traveler wishing to gain a thorough appreciation of this fascinating and unique city.....with such a legacy of wealth, commerce and empire...

Luisella is amazing!....she’s
fun
energetic
interesting
effervescent....

And her tour was worth every penny (or should I say Euro!).... far exceeded our expectations.....
an understanding of how Venice came to be....how it was built....how communities lived and socialized in the many campos....traversing the maze of narrow streets....identifying street signage tips to help us navigate on our own later....photo ops at the Rialto Bridge.....fascinating tour of St. Marks Cathedral....where to eat....walking tour suggestions....in two hours we gained an appreciation of Venice as never before.....our remaining time there was truly wonderful....highlighted by our initial orientation tour with Luisella....who we felt we knew as a friend in the short 2 hours spent with her....

6 Thank mlnate