“Venice Walking tour and Grand Canal Ride with Viator Tours”

Bucintoro Viaggi S.r.l.
More attraction details
Owner description: Bucintoro Viaggi, established in 1980, is a full service travel organisation. It operates from its office in Campo San Luca in the heart of Venice, between St. Mark's Square and Rialto Bridge. The incoming department is the most important division of Bucintoro. You can buy wonderful tours in Venice and islands excursions.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We booked a tour with them for August 25th. The walking tour of Venice covered St Marc's Basiiica and was interesting enough. The guide prone to exaggerations hurried us through the Basilica and then told us she was taking us to see Marco Polo's house in Venice.
When we got to a square she pointed up to a courtyard lined with houses on three sides and said this is the house. After five minutes of drivel when a traveler asked her if this is where Marco Polo lived and how long, she said " oh he didn't live here...This house is similar to the one Marco Polo may have lived in. We don't know where that house is."
Then she kept on endlessly about the way the gondolas in Venice are built and how a gondolier can single handed row the same through the canals. A topic entirely unrelated to the Walking tour of Venice.
Then suddenly the tour ended about 15 minutes' walk from St Mark' Square.
The second part of the tour was the grand canal ride in a boat that was to last for one hour.
The catch was that you had to wait for four hours or near before that boat ride began.

Not being satisfied with the first leg of the tour we decided not to wait and took the vaporetto back to our hotel and had a nice lunch when we reached.

3  Thank randhir111
All reviews
"shared water taxi"
in 6 reviews
"venice marco polo airport"
"great ride"
"nice tour"
"private tour"
in 4 reviews
"well worth the money"
"boat trip"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"rialto bridge"
"singer"
in 11 reviews
"passengers"
in 5 reviews
"frederica"
"introduction"

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Sadly this company does not care about word of mouth or tripadvisor, but I will write my review.

But I see I am not alone in feedback.

The seranade is a shared musician between 10 gondolas. Not 4-5 like a company that would base it on customer service would most likely do, but 10!

In the canals I was 6 boats away from the musician, so you can imagine how impressed I was with paying a surcharge.

The employees HATE their job, check their cell phones, smoke continously.

You have a 33% chance of having a great time, 33% chance of having an ok time, and a 33% of having a crappy time. I was in the 33% crappy.

Suggestion: Book a solo ride with an independent person or on the fly anywhere. Don't prebook. Download a venice music song to your IPOD and play it yourself.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The first step to going on this tour is actually finding where they are based from which is a task in itself! You then have to walk for what felt like miles along the front until you reach the boat. The boat itself was lovely but a bit small and the windows didn't open properly so it felt a little stuffy. The tour guide did her best but spoke very quickly in a number of languages which I'm sure were muddled up as I couldn't always understand her although it was meant to be the part spoken in English. The islands themselves were lovely and I did enjoy watching the glass demonstration which was very clever. Being taken to the showroom did feel a little pointless though, as no one could have afforded the prices they were asking for small bits of glass! We did buy a couple of things from the downstairs shop where the prices were more reasonable, although didn't get much time to look around properly. We were then taken off to Burano to see a lace making demonstration which didn't seem t have much structure to it as the woman seemed to start speaking in whatever language the first person who got there spoke, no matter who else turned up after! Other than that, the island was beautiful and we enjoyed spending the little time we had looking in the shops. Torcello was the final island, the one I felt a lot more time was needed on. By the time you reach the actual part of island where the church is and looked around you literally have to run back to the boat as your time is up. Seeing the islands is a good way to spend 4 hours, but it could be organised better with more time given to appreciate the islands.

1  Thank KellyC1991
Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you are expecting a travel agency to help you with your unique transportation needs, do not go here. The representative demonstrated very little problem solving ability and seemed annoyed that I asked her to look up connecting transportation. If you are just trying to book some pre-packaged tours for Venice and its surroundings then this agency may be fine for you.

The reason I went to this office is I was having trouble arranging transportation from Venice to Ljubljana. Another tour booking office referred me to this office, saying Bucintoro was a travel agency and could help me with travel outside of Venice. The first tour booking office may have been mistaken to refer me to Bucintoro Viaggi for this type of assistance.

When I asked the Bucintoro Viaggi representative about travel to Ljubljana she said she could only book me a bus to Trieste. I asked if there were onward travel arrangements from Trieste to Ljublana. She said "I think." I needed more assurance I would find connecting transportation before I got on a bus to Trieste and I asked if she could look it up. I just got a blank stare. She did look up bus schedules to Trieste for me but it was clear she didn't want to deal with this.