I stayed here for 3 nights with my bf during carnivale. The hotel is in an awesome location, right on the grand canal, very close to San Marco square and convenient to the 1 and 2 vaporetto lines. I had a grand deluxe room - king size bed (combine form two smaller beds) with a partial canal view. The room was huge for European standards. The bedroom was approximately 19' X14', there was a foyer with closets and room to leave my luggage and the bathroom had a shower and a tub and a bidet. I could not expect more for a European hotel, since I'm used to rooms where finding the space to open your suitcase is a little difficult. Bathroom was all marble and really nice. Decorations were very European and fitting for the hotel, but it seems like the furniture/decorations weren't professionally done - for example, there was a long painting on hung low one wall, so that the couch was covering the bottom of it. The bedroom area was really large, and one corner just looked starkly empty without a lamp or a chair. The only complaint that I have was that my room was not ready (cleaned) when I checked it, and I checked in after 3PM, the hotel's check-in time. We waited for half and hour and couldn't take it any longer. When I asked why our room wasn't ready, I was told that the hotel was very busy...the receptionist was nice, but didn't really apologize and didn't seem to comprehend that this wasn't acceptable. I was even more upset when I saw other guests check-in and get keys to their rooms right away, while we continued waiting in the lobby. I have never been to a hotel where my room was not ready after the stated check-in time. We ended up leaving our luggage and going out to explore while our room was prepared. The rest of my experience with this hotel was redeeming, but the importance of honoring the check-in time is something that even a 2 star hotel should be conscious of, let alone a category 5 Westin hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly positioned on the Grand Canal with sweeping views of the city's most iconic landmarks, The Westin Europa and Regina places guests right in the heart of the city's artistic and theatre districts, in a discreet setting just off the fashionable Calle XXII Marzo and steps from Piazza San Marco. Our unmatched selection of rooftop terrace suites, Grand Canal rooms, restyled accommodations, and Grand Canal-side venues with nutrition-rich proposals are settings of relaxed indulgence where guests can be at their best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hotel Europa And Regina, Venice
- Westin Venice
- Westin Hotel Europa Regina Venice
- Venice Westin