My husband and I, with our 15 & 16 year old children, stayed here for 3 nights in August 2012. Our first impressions of Venice were very encouraging as we were transported from Marco Polo airport by private water taxi. After working our way through the maze of narrow canals, we drew up to our hotel; here the enthusiasm continued and stayed with us for our whole stay at Starhotel Splendid. We were helped off our water taxi by a very polite porter, who then escorted us across a small alley to reception. We were then greeted by very friendly staff and headed off to our rooms. To our delight, we had been allocated adjacent rooms which were at the end of a corridor and accessed by a single door leading to the two rooms – which also had their own doors (so technically interconnecting). We then left our bags and went out to explore.
After a seriously hard day of pounding the streets, we returned to the hotel and the welcome relief to walk into our very efficiently working air conditioned rooms, after the oppressive Venetian humidity.
Having stayed at two Starhotels now (the other being the Starhotel Metropole in Rome), I can honestly say that these two hotels have provided the best nights sleep I have had in any hotels ever. It must be a combination of the soft beds and the choice of pillows, but I can say that when I awoke the next morning I felt refreshed and ready for another days sightseeing. It was lovely to open the windows at 7am and hear the bells chiming from St Mark’s Square, signalling the beginning of another new day.
Breakfast provided us with everything one would need for the day. Although the choice was not huge, there was something to cater for all palettes.
In our opinion the hotel could not have been more perfectly located; it was midway between St Mark’s square and the Rialto Bridge, which were both less than a 5 minute walk away, but it was far enough off the beaten track and in a lovely quiet location.
We didn’t eat dinner in the hotel, as we wanted to explore as much of Venice as we could, but the restaurant always seemed busy and looked particularly appealing at night.
We had a fabulous stay at the Splendid and would highly recommend it, it has very friendly and helpful staff, the location is perfect and the rooms are lovely.
If all Starhotels are as good as the two we have now stayed in, I can’t wait to try another one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Splendid Venice hotel is based in the historic centre of Venice, with the city's must-see sights and hidden treasures all within your reach. Just a short stroll or gondola ride will take you to Venice's most iconic sights: San Marco square and the Rialto Bridge. Like the city itself, our 165 rooms and suites are a mixture of styles, but all capture the essence of a romantic Venice holiday. Blending contemporary comforts with details that reflect classic Venetian character, each room has a light, elegant atmosphere, with many offering wonderful views over canals and the Venice skyline with its magnificent San Marco's bell tower in the horizon. Le Maschere at the Splendid Venice is one of the few restaurants near San Marco Square that is popular with Venetians and tourists alike. This authentic Venetian restaurant serves classic dishes with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starhotels Splendid Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Splendid Venice Hotel Venice
- Starhotels Splendid Hotel Venice
- Venice Starhotels Splendid Hotel
- Starhotel Splendid Venice