“Splendid by name and Splendid by nature!”

Starhotels Splendid Venice
Ranked #70 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We were celebrating our 2 'big ' birthdays, - together with family and friends for 4 nights - including a special dinner party in the hotels "Maschera" restaurant. A group of 18 - so, 9 rooms for ages ranging from 9 years to 80 !! In every repect it was the right choice. Ideally situated half-way between Rialto and St. Marks - in the wonderful shopping area, yet also a peaceful location. Lovely deluxe rooms with delightful bathrooms. From the moment we walked into the Starhotels Splendid to the time we sadly had to leave - all the personnel were very pleasant, helpful and efficient. Their restaurant, which is independently run, was superb - with charming and expert Staff. A GREAT and happy time was had by all our group in the very correctly named Splendid. But remember it is called the 'Starhotels' Splendid. A special thank you to Giorgio and Simone. We will definitely be returning as soon as is posssible.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Superb hotel, they helped me set up the surprise proposal on the rooftop of the hotel. The staff were very helpful and informative. Also as a surprise for us they upgraded our room to the 'Canal View Room'. The room was very clean and very well furnished. Ideal location. Breakfast could be improved.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hotel is in the best possible place you can imagine for your romantic stay in venice. Right next to the canal (oh that's obvious) but the best part are the shooing area and since it is close to many attractions in Realto district. Great shops around and a picture perfect boutique hotel to spend you nights. Very clean and well kept rooms. Amazing breakfast in the transparent day light hall. Loved every bit of it. We were a family of 6 travelling together of all ages and I can vouch every one enjoyed.

Room Tip: Opt for the rooms which have opening towards the canal and street. With two side opening.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have stayed in Venice before at an excellent hotel. This Starhotel Splendid was booked via Last inute.com. It did not disappoint. They promised me amazing....it was very nice. Remember that city centre hotel room are usually not massive and I did not expect massive. I am not complaining at all.... but having read some reports on this site I wonder if some of the people with negative comments have tried many city centre hotels before? Anyway, this hotel was very very clean, comfortable, warm and we were happy. It was quiet..eg. no noise from rooms. Central location but it is a tiny hike with bags unless you arrive by taxi which is expensive...it is Venice after all. If cost is a concern I suggest try sharing a taxi both ways. Hotel didn't offer a share of taxi despite at least three parties of two people leaving at pretty much the same time. We dined in hotel which was ok enough and not overly expensive. Breakfast was good and varied. Great staff and service all round. Well worth trying in my view.

Room Tip: Discuss ahead your requirements, the staff speak excellent English seem very helpful indeed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyn M
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We booked this hotel on the basis of its central location and it's proximity to all of the shops. We weren't disappointed, the decor was lovely, the bedrooms were more than adequate, and the atmosphere was nice and relaxing. Breakfast was more than adequate for a buffet breakfast, with my only criticism being that there was no variation in the breakfast. The bar area was really relaxing with good service from the barman. Would I go back to this hotel.......absolutely.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We arrived in Venice on Thursday 6th Feb for a weekend away with my in laws, I booked BA flights as a surprise and upgraded to club Europe which was great. I booked the splendid hotel through my Avios points and was told I would get an upgraded on arrival. When we arrived I asked about this and no one at reception knew anything about it. I stood for 10 mins waiting until they allocated the rooms this was around 4.25pm. on entering the room we were immediately disappointed the room was so small clean enough but two people was a push, I went to reception where after a bit of back and forward I was shown two other rooms, the reception staff made me feel as if they were doing me a massive favour when I had paid over the odds in the first place. I took the two larger rooms but one room had two single beds not ideal. The breakfast was nice, basic but fresh and the service was good. On check out the I was overcharged for a bottle of wine I brought from the plane and they tried to charge me 8 euros, after explaining someone had just seen the bottle in the bin and thought Id taken it from the mini bar....naughty not even an apology!! expensive but not the quality or service I would have expected.

1  Thank Diane D
splendidvenice2011, Direttore generale at Starhotels Splendid Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Diane D.,
first of all thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comment and for staying with us. Your comment is very important and be well assured I will investigate with the relevant head of dept. to better understand the situation. Our mission is to let feel our guests "home" . As you can see from other comments left from other guests, our staff is always polite and very welcoming. Please accept my apologies for the inconvinient received and I sincerely hope your will give us a second opportunity to show you our high standards of service.
Best regards,
Salvatore Pisani
Starhotels Splendid Venice

Reviewed 17 February 2014

So many good things to say about this hotel. It's chic, trendy and modern (inside!). Great staff on reception, in the restaurant and at the door. Fantastic location that you just cannot fault - few minutes walk to San Marco square and Rialto bridge. Rooms are modern, fresh and very comfortable indeed. Great rooftop terrace with brilliant views.
Breakfast service was extremely efficient - this is how all hotels should do their breakie service. Good selection of tasty and good quality food and tables were cleared quickly afterwards.
Nice touch was the next day's weather details left on the bed in the evening along with chocolates. Very highly recommended indeed - will be back!

Dear Bazandbad,
thank you very much for taking the time to leve your precious comment about your stay and for choosing our hotel as place to stay in Venice. You made my day.. thank you so much.. I will make sure all our staff is aware of the excellent job done, I am sure everybody will be happy to read your nice comment !!
I hope to welcome you back soon "home" and wishing you a lovely day,
Best regards,