We stayed here for a weekend and from beginning to end it was excellent. The hotel is beautiful and very friendly. It can get a little crowded in the lobby in mornings and evenings due to the external restrictions but this is a small price to pay for this hotel in this locaiton. You can be at the main sites in minutes.
We were a little disappointed with the Guest Relations desk and the lady there although friendly did not seem very clued into what tours etc were available and how to go about booking or getting to meeting points etc.
The room was excellent although the "delux canal view" description might be slightly misleading (we could see the canal but that was about it!) dont get me wrong though we were very happ and sleep quality was second to none.
The Breakfast was okay but a little crowded and choice could have been slightly better. The resturant food was good and staff were helpful although a little on the expensive side (buy hey this is Venice!). It appears to be used by locals which is always a good sign and the piano music tops it off.
The bar was good although the roof bar is very expensive so be prepared. (€32 for 2 drinks). It even got too windy while we were there and we had to take our drinks back to the regular bar where we could have saved €15 if we went there at the start (but again Hey its Venice!!)
Check in and out handled expertly and housekeeping and concerige were excellent also.
All in all I would recomend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Splendid Venice hotel is based in the historic centre of Venice, with the city's must-see sights and hidden treasures all within your reach. Just a short stroll or gondola ride will take you to Venice's most iconic sights: San Marco square and the Rialto Bridge. Like the city itself, our 165 rooms and suites are a mixture of styles, but all capture the essence of a romantic Venice holiday. Blending contemporary comforts with details that reflect classic Venetian character, each room has a light, elegant atmosphere, with many offering wonderful views over canals and the Venice skyline with its magnificent San Marco's bell tower in the horizon. Le Maschere at the Splendid Venice is one of the few restaurants near San Marco Square that is popular with Venetians and tourists alike. This authentic Venetian restaurant serves classic dishes with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Starhotels Splendid Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Splendid Venice Hotel Venice
- Starhotels Splendid Hotel Venice
- Venice Starhotels Splendid Hotel
- Starhotel Splendid Venice