Kette Hotel
Ranked #124 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel will tick all your boxes. Very friendly, clean, comfortable & central. Good value from the usual hotel brokers. Close to all the tourist hotspots only minutes to the square & grand canal. We stayed during June on a bed & breakfast deal. The island was very busy but we were able to do what & when we wanted. Great restaurants nearby, some very expensive so look around. Would return in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the canal
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had one night in Venice prior to our cruise, Kette is well located and about 5 minutes walk to St Marks. Overall service was good and staff very helpful - depending on who is there at the time.
Careful that dinner is not available, it was raining heavily when we were there and with a toddler was not possible to leave the hotel. Ended up with toasted sandwiches and tea which was all that was available.
Room was comfy with a street view but the additional couch in the entrance room smelled heavily of smoke, we could not use it.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room, was great to watch the street view in the rain
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Four of us stayed here our final night in Venice. When we booked this hotel we actually thought it was much closer to St Marks but it is an easy walk. The service of the front desk depended on who was on duty at the time. The rooms were small and the a/c never seemed to cool the room. They have a nice hospitality room and bar and the bartender was extremely friendly. He recommended the chianti which as 15 euro for a bottle and was terrific. One downside was that we asked for a restaurant recommendation and were told by the front desk of a small family run restaurant that was supposedly popular with the locals. We ate at the restaurant and found it had a very limited menu, a not very friendly waiter, and all the customers appeared to be Americans making us wonder what the motive of the referral was.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denver-KCB
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We only had two days to spend in Venice as a finale to a 6 day cruise. We were a group of 8 and wanted to see as much of Venice as possible. This hotel was very classic with a very helpful and friendly staff, the rooms were clean, spacious and tidy. The beds were a bit small after the luxury of the cruise ship, but the location was great and the cost was reasonable according to the location. I would recommend this hotel to someone who is looking for a place inside Venice for a short time.

Room Tip: We had rooms looking out on the street where we could look down one way and see a canal and the othe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deanna3330
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had just a couple of days here & this hotel was a welcome oasis. The staff very helpful & friendly. Rooms clean, spacious & tidy. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for something not too outrageously expensive in Venice, very close to all the major attractions but still in a quiet location.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is 5 minute walk at most, from St Marks square. The front staff is mostly great...happy to help you.
The rooms are quite small and a bit stuffy. We were in 309 and opened all the windows which helped.....but...then we had Mosquitos, cats meowing and birds screeching which woke us up quite early. And of course, coffee is not available until 7:30 . It would be nice if they offered at least beverages by 6:30.
I would probably not stay here again. The best part was the location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cathy p
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was a little hesitant about booking at Kette Hotel, but my husband likes old world style, so I went with it for him hoping I would be pleasantly surprised. The decor of the rooms, (we had 2, a triple with a fold out bed for my daughter, and two twins pushed together for myself and husband, and a double for our sons) were not my style, I would have preferred updated bedding and drapes (just seems cleaner to me). The drapes and bedding were old, and the rooms were dark. The hairdryer was a hose in the wall which blew cold air. You had to pull it forward for it to stay on, and since I do not have three arms, my daughter had to hold it on for me! I have frizzy hair, but fortunately it is short, so I just went with it. There were no amenities at the hotel, turn down service, robes/slippers, coffee/tea. That is why I do not consider it a 4 star. We had come from Rome and Florence, and those hotels offered those.There are not irons in any of the rooms we stayed at in Italy. I had read that on the forums beforehand so we brought our own. It was clean, and a good location on a quiet street. The only thing that saved it for me, was the concierge, Jacque was very friendly and helpful. We went to the bar (very small, no one there) for a night cap, and the bartender did not say two words to us. The breakfast was ok, typical continental. Staff there cordial, not overly friendly. We had experienced so many friendly people in Rome and Florence, waiters and shop keepers as a whole in Venice were not as friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows, they are very flat and there are not extras in the closet. Beds on the lumpy...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family