The Location of the hotel is very good (10 minutes walking distance from S.Marco) , the reception and public areas are decorated in " style" with painted vaults and exposed wooden beams , but the rooms are really , really basic and generic! Cheap ikea-like furnishings , low ceilings (if you are staying in of the rooms on the 5th floor , mind your head when you get up in the morning if you dont want to start your day at A&E) small (ish) size, basic bathrooms,hard stiff materasses .
Our room had great breathtaking view on the laguna but I'm afraid that is my only " thumb up" for this hotel.
Breakfast : just average Continental buffet , like any other hotel in the world ,with the most diluted orange juice I have ever seen and , which I'd rather call orange water .
Service at breakfast:be prepared to lots of "hand-waiving" "finger -pointing" " eyebrows-rising" before catching the waiters' attention who seem to be always super busy, running haphazardly round the room.. I am sure they were doing their best, but a tip for the management: maybe add couple of staff members during busy weekends?
We did a little "hotel-hopping " whilst walking through Venice and we saw some of the most beautiful, luxurious , design hotels and that made the difference with ours even more obvious, but having said that , though, those hotels have sky-high rates and I guess that the value for money in this hotel remains still fairly good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Gabrielli, a Venetian Palazzo from the 14th century is family owned in the 5th generation. Only a few minutes walk from Saint Mark’s square, the Doge’s Palace, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Arsenale offers a fantastic location on the waterfront and excellent views on the laguna. Inhouse restaurant with venetian cuisine and Bar. Don't miss the roof terrace and the regarden to relax from a busy day. Private boat pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Gabrielli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Hotel
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Venice
- Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth