Hotel Bisanzio
US$320
US$282
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationwater taxist marks squarelovely hotelshort walksan zaccaria stoprecommend this hotelriva degli schiavonireception staff aresuperior roomgood sizetucked awayclose to san marcofamily roomthe main hotelside streetgrand canal
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We love the central location next to Riva degli Schiavoni. The rooms are spacious and clean and staff helpful. The decor is a bit dated and could do with modernising. it was useful to have a gym next door too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luce120
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were at the start of our holidays after our fantastic Water Taxi trip to our first visit/stay in Venice. Well i can only mirror what has already been said. Our room was only a double on the 3rd floor but was large & comfortable enough for us for 3 nights. It was clean & well serviced A/C & WiFi worked great. The staff from reception, Bell Boy & Breakfast area were very friendly & helpful one in particular (Reception, I wish i grabbed his Name) He will know who he is! Location was great, close to main attractions, nice little restuarants & Piazza. Breakfast was basic but very good quality, the Croissants were first class. Will definately recommend to others to stay here as we will if we visit Venice again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gary k
Reviewed 9 July 2014

What can I say about this hotel that hasn't already been said!
The hotel is absolutely fabulous, from the reception staff to the breakfast to the room.
Everything is clean and there is continuous hot water and replenishments of toiletries.
Bar prices are extremely reasonable as well.
Nicely located near St Marks Square and the waterfront.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to all and sundry.

Total cost for 4 nights in a double room with private terrace was approx 928 euros and worth every cent.

Thankyou to everyone at the Bisanzio for making our stay so welcome and so friendly.

We will be back . . . Again!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private terrace for those pre and post dinner drinks. We had room 503 and it was delightful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pollenca
Reviewed 8 July 2014

While this is a Best Western, don't be put off if you'd prefer a small and lovely hotel. In every way this looked and felt like a meticulously maintained boutique hotel. It is nestled just off the main seaside avenue on a lovely little 'road', but while so close to the hustle and bustle, it is just far enough removed to be quiet. Everything is steps away, literally. Walk in one direction and you can be at St. Marks in less than five minutes or, turning left as you leave the hotel's front doors, be in a quiet piazza in even less time having an espresso or a lovely meal in a wonderful little restaurant. All of our rooms were wonderful and all the amenities promised were available: the wireless signal was consistently strong and the air conditioning was too (a boon on very hot June days.) The staff were all great, but special kudo's to the man who was there every afternoon and until 9pm each evening - he was consistently helpful, pleasant, and recommended some very nice places to eat, even calling ahead to make sure there was room for us. My room, a single room with patio, was actually more like a suite - off the fifth floor (there is a large lift) I entered into a small foyer-type area where there was a door to a spacious bedroom with massive (and real) wood beams, another door to a beautiful bathroom, and floor to ceiling glass doors and thick shutters which opened up onto the beautiful patio - large enough for my three adult children and their partners to join me for wine and cheese in the early evenings. I am a critical traveler, but can not say how happy I was with this hotel. It exceeded all my expectations and to top it off, it was very reasonably priced. I would not think of staying anywhere else when I return to Venice.

Room Tip: I traveled with my adult children and their partners. One room looked out over the 'street', but even though it is only a few hundred feet off the main seaside promenade and three to five minutes from St. Marks Square, it is very quiet. My room faced out the back, but other than a few children occasionally playing below me, I only heard the bells from St Marks square tolling (and that was only if I was outside, on the patio.)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Deborah N
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Two nights here in June 2014. Our room was mid sized, large for Europe with comfortable bed and an interesting view over the red tile roofs of Venice. It is in easy walking distance of St. Marks and the Grand Camel. Water Taxi from the train took us to a drop off about 50 yards from the hotel and they picked us up at the same place. The staff was pleasant (one guy was a little pretentious) and all were helpful with attractions and suggestions. Breakfast was OK, it's always nice to have something to eat before going out to see the sites. Would stay here again if ever in Venice.

Room Tip: Probably not a bad side of the building because it is in a quite neighborhood.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple