Hotel Continental, BW Premier Collection
  • Restaurant
US$324
US$267
1,423 results
All reviewsgrand canaltrain stationsanta lucia stationcanal viewsingle roomwater busexcellent locationconvenient locationpeople movercruise terminalhotel is situatedbooked this hotelbreakfast was includedbeautiful citypastriespiazzale romavisiting venice
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed in average rate room and as mentioned the location is a great for the train station and water taxis. I enjoyed the historic nature of the hotel, but be prepared for some tight areas such as the elevator. Bathrooms do vary, but we received one with a great claw tub. Rooms are nice, comfortable with good space allocated for luggage (some historic venues are too tight for this). Views also vary so ours was one with the construction materials evident. Staff were perfunctory, but not rude and were helpful when asked. They can get very busy. Definitely clean. Breakfast is very good and decent offering.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Located at end of the Grande Canal a short walk from the train station. Like everything in Venice, the building was quite old with disjointed hallways reflecting the conversion of the building to a hotel. The space in the room was adequate but the bathroom was tight with a cruise ship size shower stall and an hair dryer which reminded of the one we owned when I was a child in the 1960s. The pillows were hard and there weren't any extras. My daughter and I stayed there one night as part of a tour group and where we all had dinner together as a group. The restaurant setting is romantic at night and the food was tasty.
Pros - clean, staff friendly and helpful. Cons - hotel needs some updating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

BEWARE! I booked and prepaid for my room for a may 21, 2013 arrival, four months in advance. When I fanally arrived(those who have been to Venice understand), I was old that there were no rooms available. I arrived at 1:00pm, well within the prescribed time for arrivals. The staff was unapologitic and told me they could book me into a different hotel. Long story short, that was the best mishap of my vacation. The other hotel was far better and the staff far more attentive. I would think that it would be illegal to sell a presold room, but unaware of the rules and laws I was left to grin and bare it. Later that day, I naticed, several times, the same bell man that took our bags to the other hotel, escorting other "guests" to their new hotels, in a far worse area, apparently this is a scam thay use quite a bit. If there were a lowere score and legal action that could be brought I would avail myself to both. Good Luck if you book here, it is a game of hotel roulette, luckily we won, but I saw many that didn't

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martini14810
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The hotel is a convenient distance from the train station and we were surprised that the room and personal amenities were a reasonable size, although a non mocking room there was always a scent of tobacco in and around the room so it would seem not all the rooms around ours were smoke free!
Breakfast was disappointing especially the second morning when there were a lot of tour groups and the tables were reserved. There were no available tables until requested by us and anther couple and arrangements were changed to accommodate us, but it should not have been a problem. First in for breakfast should be first served!
Disappointed at checkout when the 2 staff couldn't acknowledge us immediately but continued a conversation and after paying the city gas, we revived a perfunctory dismissal. Disappointing!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Close to the train station and on the main walking street. Massaging shower (extreme water pressure) nice restaurant with canal side dining and live music. Breakfast inclusive but not what I would call impressive. Hotel staff werent too helpful (other than porter and kitchen ladies) and some were even rude!

• Stayed: May 2013