Hotel Continental, BW Premier Collection
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
1,421 results
All reviewsgrand canaltrain stationsanta lucia stationcanal viewsingle roomwater busexcellent locationconvenient locationpeople movercruise terminalhotel is situatedbooked this hotelbreakfast was includedbeautiful citypastriespiazzale romavisiting venice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel in October as part of a tour group and many of us had read reviews of the hotel beforehand and were a little concerned about staying here. Luckily, it turned out to be just fine and many of the things prior reviewers complained about were really nothing. It is quite interesting to try and find your room - and it actually took us close to 2 days to remember exactly how to get to it - but we thought that was actually kind of charming. There are little staircases and hallways all over the place, and there seemed to be a couple of different ways to get there. Anyway, the hotel is old, but it's very clean and the rooms are fine. It is in a great location and I thought the breakfasts were fine and the dinner we had there was actually very good. Maybe the front desk people are not the friendliest, but they weren't rude and I didn't think there was any problem with them.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank NewYorkLocaltraveler
ale89andre95, Direttore at Hotel Continental, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest.
I'm the new manager of the Hotel Continental Venice. My name is Giancarlo Negro. Thank you for your report which for me is a great help to focus our efforts to improve our standards. We have started a process of growth and renovation that will surely carry to us and to our guests many benefits. We are honored of your words of appreciation for what you liked. We hope to have in the future the pleasure to welcome you again . Kind regards.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed 2 nights in this hotel and cost us 249 Euro, the room was very basic and old, just like hostel style with private bath, it's not worth the price what we have paid for. A little bit noisy because there was a band playing in its restaurant , we like this location ,but will not consider to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest.
I'm the new manager of the Hotel Continental Venice. My name is Giancarlo Negro. Thank you for your report which for me is a great help to focus our efforts in order to eliminate the problems encountered. We have started a process of growth and renovation that will surely carry to us and to our guests many benefits. I hope to have in the future the pleasure to welcome you again and I’m sure you will have the opportunity to check our improvement. Kind regards.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel is extremely old, and as such, the rooms are small and old. This hotel is located right at the start of the grand canal, right next to the train station. So, if you're looking for something you can walk to from the airport, this is it. The bad news however is the way the hallways weave around, you may never find your room. We were on the third floor and had to go up and down a few different sets of stairs before finally arriving at our room. We also did not have a room that overlooked the canal, so it was basically just an average room. If that is something you are interested in, it would give you an extraordinary view at this hotel. That all being said, the amount of time we spent in the room was minimal, and the room was comfortable overall.

We also had the opportunity to have breakfast here two mornings, as well as dinner here one night. Dinner was ok, but I would much have preferred to find a more intimate, less "catered" feeling restaurant. Overall though, I would definitely stay here again, if for nothing other then convenience from the train station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ollipop87
ale89andre95, Direttore at Hotel Continental, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest.
I'm the new manager of the Hotel Continental Venice. My name is Giancarlo Negro. Thank you for your report which for me is a great help to focus our efforts in order to eliminate the problems encountered. On the other hand we are honored of your words of appreciation for what you liked We started a process of growth and renovation that will surely benefit. I hope to have in the future the pleasure to welcome you again and that time you will have the opportunity to check our improvement. Kind regards

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I would not say this is a bad hotel for the money, but we were on the top floor which felt like an attic. We could not open our windows all the way and it was extremely hot in the room. If you wanted to day light in the room the people living in the building next door could see in our room. If you stay here request to stay on a lower level.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower level!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Machtravelers

Dear Guest.
I'm the new manager of the Hotel Continental Venice. My name is Giancarlo Negro. Thank you for your report which for me is a great help to focus our efforts in order to eliminate the problems encountered. We have started a process of growth and renovation that will surely benefit. I hope to have in the future the pleasure to welcome you again and that time you will have the opportunity to check our improvement. Kind regards.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very good location, 150 year old former palace,great breakfast are with a nice terrace and some days live music.Do not expect a welcome to Venice the front desk is very serious.Do not expect to get in your room before check in time I do think it is standard practice to say your room is not ready.You can ask that some of your riches be packaged up in an envelope and put in their secure safe until your room is ready,not sure they enjoy doing this for you .Even if you present with an obvious disability,there is not necessarily an understanding of your needs.I requested an altrnate room because of a very high step to a bath tub and only a hand held shower.I received a smaller room on the next level which consisted of 3 or 4 ses of stairs,no hand rail.I kept it to avoid personal embaraassment and treaded carefully.Not sure why a nettter accomodation could not be found as hundreds had yett to checj in.My first room offered with over sized tub would have been a great room for someone else,and on the first floor.Please note that all rooms are different,all the bathrroms are different,if you over 140 lbs ask for the size of the shower.If you have a disability identify specifically with your travel agent to the hotel,Persons with mobility problems will have difficulty accessing this hotel as you have to walk from PZ ROMA over a large glass bridge and steps no smooth routing for your luggage.You can find illegal porters on ROMA side for 5 euros but none on the return unless service booked through an agency 34 euros,1 suitcase.1 person,water taxi aprox 110 eoros,or walk to the public boat before the bridge.Trying to get to the airport 3 hours before international flight impossible in early am for my 8:10 flight..nothing moving until 6 am.Check out at 5;30 am from my hotel with a very sleep desk attendant,I woke him up.I should have stayed in bed one more hour.Do not expect any assistance in these parts with your luggage,but the porters will get you in and out of your room.I asked directions and tried to understand directions re public transport and it was suggested just part of my adventure.This hotel will give a good price via your travel agent,is very clean,and has a continental breakfast that is consumed greatly by the early birds.It is in a great location in Venice proper on the main walk all the way to st marks.I took the vaporette boat back to PZ ROMA and then walked to my hotel.TWO DOORS EARLIER IS HOTEL PRINCIPE,please comparre the two.I did not stay here but lobby is great and should be comparative in price.Do not expect anything we have in America.As another option my new friends on my cruise has wonderful hotels right arounf PZ ROMA where the buses and cars stop.You still can walk reasonably to all of Venice proper ut avoid the glass bride with the heay luggage..OK HOTEL CONTINENTAL let us see the Italian welcoming and smiles,this is the universal language.This is a good hotel but only room guarantee is to pay upgrade for canal view lower floors.The last night 3rd week of October buzzing mosquitoes,landing biting,kept me a wake.I did not have the window open as my view was the block next door with a close up view of the laundry lines extended from the windows not so very far away.My first room entering Venice was canal view from 3rd floor..so what you get varies..have a nice time in Venice it is a very different place..do not fret the small stuff and have a good nights sleep. .

Room Tip: just ask alot of questions so you can meet your needs as all the rooms vary with pros and cons..it is not a noisy hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank awesometripster

Dear Guest.
I'm the new manager of the Hotel Continental Venice. My name is Giancarlo Negro. Thank you for your report which for me is a great help to focus our efforts in order to eliminate the problems encountered. On the other hand we are honored of your words of appreciation for what you liked. We have started a process of growth and renovation that will surely carry to us and to our guests many benefits. I hope to have in the future the pleasure to welcome you again and I 'm sure you will have the opportunity to check our improvement. Kind regards.