“Pizza and wine...very nice...”
Review of La Serenissima

La Serenissima
Ranked #1,230 of 1,477 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I visited this restaurant twice on a recent trip.....passed by, and it looked inviting. I had pizza and wine on both occasions, very nice. The staff where friendly and polite...and the atmosphere was pleasant. I noted the other reviews after I had returned....and, as far as I could see, a little where harsh...

Reviewed 9 February 2014

A tourist trap on one of the main routes through Venice - hesitate for a nano second over the menu displayed outside and a pushy waiter will persuade you to come in. How bad can spaghetti and a house wine get? The answer lies here!! Avoid the restaurants on the main routes.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I looked for a light meal so I had a pizza and salad with my wife. The restaurant seemed not so bad at the first look but it was just horrible experience i ever had. Pizza's dough was just as hard rock as 1$ frozen pizza from last month and salad was made with canned corns and tuna trashes. If it were any cheaper, i wouldnt complain. The stupid salami with little cheapie looking ham pizza was freaking 13euro and filled with canned food salad was 9euro. Oh thats not all. They give out the 4 little stick bread without saying nothing and charge 4euro and 2.5 per person for plating fee, and unbelievably, they includes the 14% of tip on the bill. We expected 20euro but payed 35euro at last with total unsatisfactions on the food. Wasted time, money, and my feelings as well from these scamming towards travelers. I strongly recommend to find other restaurant. Even a little 3$ panini from else where will give you much more satisfactions.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a great dinner - great service and food - the door clearly indicates they take all credit cards - Visa/MasterCard and surprisingly Amex - when the bill came and my husband went to put out his credit card - the server nicely told us they didn't accept credit cards. We were a little surprised - a French couple beside us said - this is Italy - it happens - but we didn't argue it - we paid in cash and left but I made a note of picking up their business card specifically to do an online review and let others know

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We're in this place right now and we suffer... suffer a lot... the portions are miserable. The pork steak was thinner than paper. This food is not worthy even a cent. if you see this 'restaurant' (better try not to), change your way or at least don't look this direction.