“Little cute hotel but overpriced”
Review of Hotel Le Isole

Hotel Le Isole
Ranked #14 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The hotel is in a great location close to all the important places but in a quiet area, the hotel is also located in front of one of the big channels so you can take easy a water taxi to everywhere, I totally agree that the staff is fabulous, the service was very nice, friendly and helpful, the breakfast was ok, the rooms are very very small, they are pretty and clean but to small, however I think the hotel is overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adriana B

Reviewed 25 May 2012

First, I want to pay complements to the fabulous staff. They were extremely nice, and helpful. Second, the location is superbe.. A short walk from the San Zaccaria vaporretto, Dodge's Palace, San Marco Square and the Basillica. Rooms are beautifully decorated with high end finishes and Italian linens. Breakfast in the courtyard is a must and lovely. We would definitely go back.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This little hotel is so close to all the attractions but is just an oasis in the middle of the tourism mayhem. We had a 3 bed room and it was quite roomy and very comfortable, the furniture was of a "Venetian" theme and we loved it. The beds were very comfortable, but I must say, the pillows were quite hard and not too comfortable. The bathroom was well equipped, fairly tight but with everything we needed, which included a decent hair dryer, which is rare.
The breakfasts were great and we appreciated all the work the waitress did, everything well set out and with a good choice of continental or a hot breakfast.
The staff recommended some really good restaurants for us and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The hotel has been recently renovated and so the decor and the bathrooms are lovely. The breakfast area is a liitle small but we usually didn't have to wait long for a table. The buffet was so much better than I expected and boy did the waitress work hard! She was constantly clearing, checking buffet and making sure everyone had what they needed. Nice cappucino as well as filter coffee. There is no bar or restaurant but that was no problem for us.

Do not whatever you do go to the pizza joint around the corner from the hotel (Trattoria da Nino) as it's awful. There is a really nice good value italian restaurant called Ristorante Marciana in San Marco 30124 (although there is a rubbish one of the same name in Santa croce so be careful!)

The staff were very helpful and knowledgable. We took a gondola from outside the door and had a lovely tour around the backstreets (canals?) with a singing gondolier.

It is only 5 mins from the vaporetto stop but we did get a bit lost as the entrance is tucked away and frankly I didn't do my homework properly!

The only 2 things which stop me giving it 5 stars are

1. Very hard pillows. I mean waking up with no sensation in your ear type hard.

2. There was a very lively bar just outside our bar so sleep quality wasn't great but to be honest it closed at 12 and we were centre town so I guess I wasn't expecting silence. Also a nytol and earplugs helped a lot!

Still I would still recommend the hotel strongly.

Room Tip: prob not overlooking the bar opposite!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank hpp63
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel not only from Trip Advisor reviews, but also from their website. Spaciousness in rooms and bathroom is one of our key features and the room we were given was nowhere near what was advertised on the website. It was very basic and for €290 a night for 4 nights we feel a little hard done by. Also our room was overlooking the street and restaurant below and when we expressed concern about this were told it it very quiet. Well the last night when we had to get up at 4am to catch our plane, there was a party! There are many better hotels at same or lower prices, as we were part of a group of 14, we drew the short straw in hotel stakes!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank WallysMissus
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We wanted a hotel in the middle and near Venice's main attractions but in a quiet "street". Le Isole gave us all of this and more. We arrived with the Aliguna ferry from the airport (a great way to approach and see Venice) and the hotel is only 2 minutes walk from the San Zaccaria ferry landing. Rooms are light, quiet and big for Venice (we stayed in a "Classic" room, "De Luxe" rooms are bigger but none was free). Reception service is friendly and they even managed to book ticket for us in advance of our arrival at the Musica A Palazzo (see separate review). Breakfasts had anything we wanted and more, that is it caters to European and American tastes. They have a beautiful inner courtyard where you can take your breakfast or enjoy a glass of wine doing your Internet after walking around incredible and beautiful Venice. We'll stay here again when we come back to Venice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel le Isole for 2 nights during our vacation in May 2012. I booked this hotel based on a friend's recommendation, but have also done my research before making the final decision. I am very glad I chose it! Like the previous travellers commented already, Hotel Le Isole has a perfect location, great services, reasonable prices, very clean rooms and friendly helpful staff. I truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend it with no reservation! Just perfect!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple