“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #124 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I used Venezia as a stop over before another destination so didn't have too much time in the City. I wanted a hotel that was centrally located so I didnt have to spend time commuting to and from the city centre. This hotel was perfect for that. You can walk to all major sights and the water taxi stop is steps away from the hotel which makes it very easy to get to and from the airport. The included breakfast is a nice perk. Hotel is very safe and clean. After searching for hotels in that area, this one was also the most reasonably priced. I would recommend this hotel if travelling to Venezia.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 September 2014

If you get the room with the balcony that we had overlooking the Rialto bridge and canal you will not regret it. Continental breakfast is pretty average. The hotel is a bit if a maze but then how often do you stay in a hotel that Canaletto painted. Not modern but comfortable and well worth the spend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I made reservations at the Hotel Rialto on Aug.8th 2014 on the bookings.com website. I chose the website because of the free cancellation & no deposit policies. The Hotel Rialto charged my mastercard a whopping $2185.96. deposit. I realized this 3 days later when I received my statement. The confirmation e-mail I received from bookings.com looked like everything was ok, until I looked closer at the 1 of the 3 rooms I booked at the hotel.

What reputable hotel does not allow you to cancel a reservation that was made 9 months in advance.

If you do cancel, you forfeit your deposit. I don't know about you, but 2185.00 is a lot of money.

I made 23 reservations on bookings.com without any problems. All except this one at the Hotel Rialto. I had spent 6 hours reviewing hotels and amenities, reading reviews and trying to make the best decisions for the 3 couples who are traveling together. I made multiple reservations in each city to give the group a voice in where we would stay. I would never select a room that did not allow a cancellation.

I asked bookings.com to assist me in the matter. They asked the Hotel Rialto to allow me to cancel and they declined. I have disputed the charge with Mastercard and they are reviewing the details. I hope that Mastercard will stand firm and not allow them to take 2185.96 from me.

I am a well traveled person and this is the first time I have encountered an establishment who operates a business like this.

The location might be great, but the policies are not.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Indygal8
Stowmarket
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Location great for walking to all attractions. Our junior suite was decorated in the Venetian Style with fabric wall covering and Murano chandelier , very sumptuous , and being at the rear of the hotel was away from the hustle and bustle of the main entrance. We would definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The location of the hotel is right off the Rialto Bridge which i find it great. We were there Aug 2014 Euros Summer holidays and it was very very very busy right outside the hotel door step . The water taxi from airport or station will take u abt 500m to the hotel door, ppl travelling with big luggages and kids like we did are better off having a porter with trolly to get it all there (steps,and ppl). We had a Junior Suite..the room was small and dated with that said its Venice everything is old as it should.. I wouldnt called our room a Suite, its more of a standard room with double bed and sofa bed. The Free wireless internet was a joke and we were not even on the high level..best place for the internet was at the toilet where there is a window facing to the lobby..Overall the location was its only selling point not the room or anything else.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ashburton
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed recently and were disappointed. Our room , in the 500 number range was out of the actual hotel down a back alley accessed via a door adjacent to the restaurant. The room was super small but we have come used to that in Europe. We did struggle to move around our two average size suitcases. We had to climb 33 steps every time we came in or out & that became very taxing after a while. Our air con did not work at all & the small room became very hot. On a positive, the bathroom was a good size, modern & clean.

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is a bit outdated but rooms are spacious and bed is comfortable. The main reason we stayed here is because it has a very easy access from the airport. You just take the alilaguna boat and the stop is right outside the hotel, so no need to walk over the bridges or small alleys of venice with all your luggage. Breakfast was very good as well as service. We bought tickets at the reception for a nice concert. And there is also a gondola station right outside the hotel. I was a bit disappointed about the bridge itself, I went to Venice a couple of years back and it was in much better shape.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors, less noise from the street, grand canal