“Wow!!”

Ranked #10 of 791 things to do in Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This world famous opera house, burned to the ground in 1996, has been rebuilt amongst much scandal and drama: its modern beauty and complex history ensure its place among the most celebrated monuments in Italian history.
Reviewed 13 September 2012

It was a bit expensive to buy the entry tickets, plus another 3 euros for a photo/video permit, but it was worth every cent. This is an incredible place - the grandeur will blow you away., and the Royal Box ..... words fail me! In a good way. You must go.

Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I pre-booked tickets to 'La Traviata' - our first opera experience.

Teatro La Fenice surpassed all of our expectations- the place is stunning! We felt like we were in our own private box, even though we booked the 'cheap seats'. The interior is beautiful, the sound and lighting impeccable. The staff are helpful and speak very good English. A programme was slightly costly at €10, but the drinks were averagely priced, and we had an amazing evening.

We only popped into the theatre during the day to collect tickets, but I would recommend a visit even if you are not seeing a production, as the interior is so beautiful.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We're not opera fans but decided we must do a night at the Opera when in Venice. We booked tickets for La traviata and enjoyed it immensely. The ambience, the beautiful setting, the whole thing was something we won't forget. If you have the time it's a must. You need to book on the internet in advance as the tickets sell fast. We did and then picked them up on the day of the opera, it's very easy to do.

1  Thank BarbarellaMaguerita
Reviewed 4 September 2012

It's expensive, presumably because of its small capacity. We paid 380 euros for two tickets in the front row of box 27. To get the best view, facing the stage, we needed to sit sideways in the box. One person (the one with the longer legs!) sits behind the other and gets a great view, but the one in front a partly obscured view, especially when people in the box in front lean out too far. The two seats in the back of the box have poor sight lines and aren't worth the money. We would have been hugely disappointed not to have been able to see and hear properly. We were envious of the people sitting comfortably in the stalls.

The public areas are gracious and elegant, a perfect backdrop to the elegantly dressed audience. I'm delighted and privileged to have visited such a renowned opera house, but it was at a cost and I can't ever remember having such an obscured view at these prices. Nonetheless the experience was magical.

This production of La Traviata in modern dress was exciting and unusual. I've seen this opera in many venues in many countries and hesitated to go just because of that. I enjoyed it more than the Met production last year. Just goes to show that for me the best was yet to come!

1  Thank JMP49
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We were in Venice in May, and although we were told that it would be impossible to find tickets for the opera, we werw able to buy two. We saw "The Boheme," what an experience, the performance was excellent, the singers were excellent, and the colors of the customs were so Venetian, and the Opera House is just magnificent. My mother was an opera singer and she dreamed of singing at the Feniche, well she did not, but I can see why that one of her dreams,