“I dont want to recommend”

Ristorante Ai Leoncini San Marco
Ranked #384 of 1,448 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
“I dont want to recommend”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

No tap water, but waiter didnt tell. He just give us no gas water. Food was late served, appetiser is too salty. Actually pizza & spagetti's taste was good, but it was overprice.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ashtead, United Kingdom
“OK to refuel, not if you want enjoyable dining experience”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

After a long day on my feet, I allowed myself to be tempted in by the waiter's promise of a free Bellini (very nice). Dining alone, I was given a table right at the kitchen serving hatch, up against the large drinks fridge, and hidden from most of the rest of the restaurant. Confirmation that I had made a poor choice was when I ordered a pasta dish, and was asked if I wanted chips with it! Had to wait ages to order and receive a dessert. The food was OK, but nothing special. Would not go back again.

• Visited March 2014
“Average San Marco touristic restaurant”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Food was OK but average. Service was piu o meno. Non Italian waiters like to talk too much. Touristic place. Would not go again,

Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Okay.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We ate here our first night, as our hotel was just down the alley and we were coming from St. Mark's square. The food was only okay - my pasta was overcooked and completely unexciting. There is better in the immediate area.

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Not a great lunch and wouldn't give tap water.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had lunch here recently and I was quite disappointed. When the waiter came to take our order I asked for tap water. He said 'bottled water' and I said no, tap water please. He then said they didn't serve tap water, only bottled. Right...so you don't have a tap in the kitchen. We let it go and then waited for our mains. My husband's gnocchi arrived and we waited for my salad. After 5-10 minutes I was sitting there looking quite annoyed when another waiter asked what we were waiting on. I said the chicken salad. He then went and asked the waiter who'd served us where it was. After another five minutes it arrived. It was a cold salad so they'd obviously forgotten about it and thrown it together when the second waiter asked where it was. There was no seasoning or dressing and it was just like a salad you could get at the supermarket - quite bland. I would definitely avoid considering there are many other restaurants in Venice.

Visited April 2014