“Venice Italy - private tour small group”
Review of Walks of Italy

Walks of Italy
Book In Advance
More Info
US$116.92*
and up
Venice Cruise by Luxury Motorboat: Grand Canal...
Ranked #22 of 186 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: Walks of Italy offers one-of-a-kind experiences in Venice, both on land AND on the water! As featured in Rick Steves' guidebooks. Day trips, activities & guided tours in Italy's greatest destinations. Our tours are truly small group (maximum 12) or private, giving you the maximum choice and flexibility for all budgets. Discounts offered for seniors, students & children, so bring the whole family! Unlike other companies, Walks of Italy secures EXCLUSIVE access to sites across Italy, unlocking hidden gems like the private suburban baths in Pompeii, Doge's Secret Passages in Venice, a private Renaissance palace in Florence, the Colosseum's underground & top tier in Rome, and even VIP access to the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City—just to name a few! All our guides are hand-picked, English-fluent passionate experts in their local regions. Our company is committed to the principles of sustainability in travel, providing carbon offsets for transfers, patronizing local artisans and farmers, and bringing you off the beaten path away from tourist crowds whenever possible. Walk with us, and fill your vacation with unforgettable experiences that will last a lifetime!
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Loredana Giacomini was our guide for 2 days. What a delightful, funny, articulate, interactive, English speaking guide of Venice she is. There were 8 of us, from 11 to 58 years of age. She captured the attention of all of us even though the sites alone left us in awe. As a native Venetian, she knew where and when we would see the best of Venice. Her knowledge of the history of the city, its inhabitants, its art and the changes through time was spectacular. Even though I had been there twice before, what I learned was far and above any guide books you could read. The impact she has had on our first time visitors to Venice is immense. Even after the tours, we felt refreshed and excited about the information we had acquired. To me, that is extremely important. A tour should never leave you tired. I arranged all via email and sms texting while in Italy. I know our next visit will include another excursion with Loredana. She can be reached via email loredanagiacomini@virgilio.it
Otherwise, try her at venicecitytours or the www.venicecitytours.it

4  Thank Sean C
"great tour"
in 41 reviews
"food market"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 7 reviews
in 11 reviews
"sistine chapel"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 17 June 2012

My daughter and I took the City Walk of Venice. There were just two other ladies on the tour which made it very easy to have personal attention from our guide. Sarah was excellant and you can tell from your passion that she loves Venice. I would highly recommend that anyone who is a first time vistor that one of these tours.

1  Thank Luvintravel49
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We did the 1 hour Grand Canal boat tour, Legendary Venice & the tour of Murano, Burano & Torcello--all of our guides were fantastic!
We only had one day to spend in Venice so wanted to see as much as possible in the limited time we had; we booked private tours for each & would do it again in a heartbeat-all of our guides were true professionals with so much information & history of the surrounding areas-we had so much fun & were able to see so much more than friends of ours that tried to do it on their own.Lunch on Murano was VERY good as well.
We were late to one of the meeting places (my phone was not working)but our guide Max was still able to find us & gave us the complete tour -Andre' was able to accommadate a rather unusual request from my husband concerning some rosaries & helped to make our tour of the islands very memorable.
Next time in Italy we will definitely call Walks of Italy!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I did the Secret Passages of the Doges Palace and St. Marks tour and was blown away by how much information was shared. I think our tour lasted over 4 hours (but I slowed us down by taking lots of photos!). The secret passageways were completely worth it. To go through these two worlds of public life and private sentencing was fascinating. It was great to see these rooms that very few people get to see and to feel that you are all alone. Giuseppina ensured we were at the basilica at the right time so that we could see the frescos lit up inside. The lights are on only for an hour or so each day where you can actually see the intricate work of the mosaics.
The tour was jam packed with information on two slightly different subjects – the Doges Palace and the Basilica. I felt as if I had to sort of rush through the Basilica in a way (yet we were able to stay there at the end and wander around at our own pace). The two buildings are sort of related, but a part of me thinks that the Secret Passageways alone would have been enough . However, I’m not complaining as we were able to get a complete tour of both sites!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We went on two walks with Walks of Italy in Venice. The first tour took us around the city, taking in major sites which help to orientate ourselves to strike out on our own. The second was as comprehensive but just the Doge's Palace and the Basilica. Both guides were excellent, with superb English and tremendous enthusiasm and knowledge about the history of Venice, but also brought us up to date about the current difficulties facing the city. I don't think we would have got as much out of our holiday without the walks, and the guides were helpful in suggesting places to eat or shop without any benefit to themselves.

1  Thank KPnorthlondon