“Far from the historic centre but excelent!”

HOTEL OLIMPIA Venice
Ranked #33 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Far from the historic centre but excelent!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

It's close to the train station (ferrovia), bus station and when coming from the airport by bus or taxi it's very close too. The "vaporetto" station in near as well. The hotel is amazing, the breakfast is complete and tasty. The service is useful and avaliable at any time of the day! They speak english and give a map of the town but i recomend using google maps. I was really afraid that it would be old and dusty but it wasn't at all, although it's old decorated as you can see in the picture it is new. Completely loved it!

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked this hotel to spend an extra day in Venice after finishing a cruise. I wanted something close to the cruise terminal and the bus stop so I could get to the airport easily after my stay.

The Hotel Olimpia was perfectly located for transport into and out of the city. While not close to the main attractions, in Venice it's not a long walk away to St. Mark's or the Rialto bridge, and part of the fun is getting lost anyway.

Exit from the cruise terminal people mover and bus parking lot is ~ 100 yards away. Lots of small bars/restaurants nearby as you walk through Dorsoduro

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I arrived at the hotel about 9:30 AM expecting to leave my bags in storage and not be able to get in my room until the afternoon. My room was ready and they took me straight to it, assisting with my baggage.

I've stayed in Venice several times and this was the largest room I've had at 4 hotels, at least one of which is well known and considerably more expensive. While not big, it was comfortable for Venice. It was very clean, with functioning A/C (it was in the mid 80s F the day I was there) and a view of their nice garden.

The only minor criticism I had is the shower/tub in the bathroom didn't have a shower curtain. I'm kind of an ox, so the bathroom got a good soaking. I'd add a shower curtain.

Breakfast the following day was good with eggs, bacon and sausage as well as the usual cold breakfast items.

Overall, the hotel exceeded my expectations with a comfortable, clean room, great location and warm, friendly staff. I'd happily recommend staying here again.

Room Tip: My room had a nice view of the beautiful garden of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank solotraveler18938
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Superb convenient location as our ATVO airport bus from Treviso Airport (one two way ticket @€18 ) arrived at Piazzale Roma, which was just few minutes walk from the hotel and it was visible from the square. However, on our first day of arrival, we walked the wrong direction towards ACTV ticket station, crossing the long bridge to the train station. How truly it is one can easily get lost even with a map on hand. Furthermore, the hotel booking.com print out showed the address as "santa croce 395". Santa Croce covers large area. The street name is actually "Fondamenta Rio Delle Burchielle” if you are referring to a map.
Check out this website for direction ( I discovered this after I am home) .http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/directions/best-western-olimpia.htm.

We stayed at "Iris room" which was at the annex, the apartment next to the hotel. It was secured with locked gate, but a bit of walking up/down the stairs was required as no lift available. The facade of the hotel looked old if compared to the Hotel Acleccino next to it. However, the room was very well upkeep. I am very particular about cleanliness, the housekeeper did an excellent job keeping every area clean. The bed and duvet were comfortable. The only negative comment I have would be the slow draining shower trap, which I guess it was blocked.

Breakfast was included and had good selection. There was a lovely garden where you can relax in and have breakfast. The hotel comes with free wifi too.

The neighbourhood was quiet and with many restaurants/cafes nearby the hotel. You may try Restaurant Ribot, Osteria Ae Cravate for a good & yet reasonable priced dinner in Venice, Cafe Majer for local pastries.

From Piazzale Roma vaporetto stop to St. Mark’s square took about 40 minutes. Alternatively, you can take a slow stroll of probably an hour. Shops line along the way to Rialto bridge-San Marco, so you will never get bored.

Recommend this hotel for anyone want to stay near Piazzale Roma.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HEinUK
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

A great hotel in a great location. Centrally located so that you can explore every part of Venice at you leisure. It's also located very, very close to cruise terminal. My wife and I stayed in a beautiful room overlooking a picturesque garden. We opted for "superior" for more room and believe it was well worth the little extra we paid. The free breakfast was great and the breakfast room spacious and attractive. The beautiful garden I mentioned is right outside. There are also many great restaurants in walking distance and a fantastic bakery just minutes away. The staff was outstanding - a special thanks to Islam - so helpful and pleasant in the breakfast room. Will definitely stay there again

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Northampton
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had been to Venice before and were looking for a hotel near the bus and train station, this price was good value but when we arrived we were pleased we had booked it all the staff spoke English and nothing was too much trouble they looked after our luggage as we were early, gave us maps and asked if we needed to know anything.
The hotel was clean, cool and the room was very good not large but what do you expect in Venice,everything worked in the room and breakfast was fantastic we sat in the large garden to eat it a beautiful place.
Would stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Barrie, Ontario,
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our travel agent suggested this hotel and it worked out to be perfect. Friendly staff, great clean rooms, an awesome free breakfast included and peaceful at night. This hotel is 100 meters from Piazza Roma so easy in and out for train, plane, or cruise ship. An easy walk to anywhere in Venice if you don't get lost which I think everyone must at some point. We seen many travellers lugging their suitcases up and down alleys hunting for their hotel getting frustrated. You will not be disappointed with Hotel Olimpia.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel in May 2014, before and after our cruise trip. The staff were very friendly, Andreas at the front desk was excellent in informing us of various locations and events. It is across from the Piazza Roma and close to the People Mover to get to the cruise ship.
The hotel offered a trip over to Murano Island, with a min. of 4 people - took the water taxi over to see the glass blowing and they let us back off at St. Mark's Square.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms over the courtyard are quieter, and such a lovely view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends