“Wonderful experience!”

Enrica Rocca Cooking School Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: Enrica Rocca runs a cookery school with a difference. “Born in Venice, Enrica is an Italian cook of note and a flamboyant and passionate chef and restaurateur. She has Italian cooking in her blood and a contagious zest for life and food…” David BakerFinancial Times
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Enrica is a gem! She puts on a delightful day of smells, sights and tastes. First we shopped north of the Rialto. What a treat to talk with her about all the ingredients and help plan out our menu with her. Then we went to a sommelier who went through regional wines and the variations of wine creation in the region.

Then off to her home and wonderful kitchen! Cooking together, eating and chatting for hours that went by so quickly. Unique recipes developed in real time, delicious wines and great conversation. We would go back in a heartbeat.

Enrica R, Proprietario at Enrica Rocca Cooking School Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so happy that my cooking course was a fun experience for you!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Wonderful evening with Enrica! Good food, good wine and a fabulous cooking class! Couldn't be any better. Heartwarming to see our teen enjoying it so much. Highlight of our Venice trip.

1  Thank Mea1221

It is a true honor to be referred to as the highlight of your Venice trip. Thank you very much for your kind comment!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Enrica's cooking course was an absolute pleasure. After a morning browsing produce amongst market stalls, where Enrica explained to us how to recognise fresh calamari and how to pick the best seasonal vegetables, and a stopover at a local bacaro for a "cicchetto", we ended up in her wonderful kitchen, where we spent the following 4 hours cooking, eating and drinking. Enrica is warm, passionate, fun and a patient teacher. When she speaks about food, she truly brings it to life. I am a fairly decent cook, but I certainly left knowing much more about cooking than I did when I arrived. Learning should always be as pleasant as this. I cannot wait to join another one of Enrica's classes!

Dear Alberto,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It is great to hear not only that you had fun but also that my cooking course was a good learning experience for you!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Prior to our 10th wedding anniversary vacation I researched several cooking schools offering private cooking classes in Venice. Our concierge had heard good things about Enrica and suggested we contact her directly. Our trip stretched over Thanksgiving vacation, and Venice was one part of a 10 day visit. Enrica was more than accommodating and flexible. We were only able to carve out two days of the trip for the class and she was able to move things around to make one of them work out.

After a few emails we were set for our private class, on our actual anniversary day, and first day of the trip. We met at the Rialto Bridge and she took us on an exciting walk through the Mercato picking up our ingredients from the fish, meat and vegetable vendors. After our shopping excursion we stopped at All’Arco for a Spritz and some delicious ciccitti. We were so enamored with that spot we made out way back twice before we left.

We could not have been more pleased with the day, the food, the company and the class. Thank you Enrica for kicking off one of the most special vacations we've done together.

Enrica R, Proprietario at Enrica Rocca Cooking School Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you Maria for this really nice review!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My family (myself, husband, three kids aged 11 to 16) recently had the pleasure of spending a morning and afternoon with Enrica during our trip to Italy. My three daughters are picky eaters, and easily bored. And that said, I can honestly say that this was the highlight of our entire trip. Enrica is warm, personable, and charming, and very good with children. Within ten minutes of meeting her, I felt like we had known her for years. She took us on a food shopping trip to the market in Venice, chatting and explaining all the while. We stopped at a little pub at one point, where we had drinks and a bite to eat. Her sweet dog Soya was with us, much to the delight of my kids (my youngest promptly dubbed him "Soy Boy" and insisted on taking numerous photos). We walked to Enrica's palazzo, where we chatted, watched her cook, helped her cook, drank delicious wine and just generally had a fabulous time. She's a great teacher-- I'm an avid home cook, and learned quite a bit. Probably goes without saying that all of the food was mouth wateringly delicious, and that even my picky eater kiddos managed to fill their bellies.

Another reviewer on this site said something about being disappointed about not having dessert, which makes me laugh. I was so hugely full from the many courses we had, dessert was the furthest thing from my mind. So full, in fact (as were we all), that we ended up skipping dinner that night. Believe me, you will not leave hungry.

Worth mentioning that there was no preset menu: Enrica asked us what we liked and didn't like, and spontaneously shopped for and created (with us!) a feast based on our feedback. Also worth mentioning: since we returned I've recreated some of her dishes with great success.

Highly, highly recommended!

1  Thank MargotMama

Thank you Margot, we really appreciate your amazing review!!!