“Elegant, but pricey (as expected)”

Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection
Ranked #69 of 386 Hotels in Venice
“Elegant, but pricey (as expected)”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I only stayed here one night, so I didn't take advantage of all the amenities, but I did enjoy myself. The first room we got had a horrid sewer smell, but we were promptly moved to the second floor. Their excuse was low tide, but it was in the low 40's so I can imagine the smell should have been that bad, but then gain the city is sinking. The hotel is loated in a very quiet area which was nice. The rooms are large for European standards and the bathroom was quite nice. Friendly staff and elegant décor, but I don't foresee myself paying that much to stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is on the 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taydiggs08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Yes, the hotel is a little further away from the main sights but in return you get free shuttle service to St. Marco… And when saying shuttle I mean of course the local taxi-boat. And how are you getting to their private pier? Thru the garden. Yes! As amazing as it sounds, this villa has its own decent sized garden with fake ruins, small bridges and plenty of places to hide.
The room we’ve stayed in was light and spacious, looking at the canal in front of the hotel. There’s not much of a vies, but it’s great leaning out your window, and see the many bridges crossing the canals and the endless variety of boats passing under.
I might not be fully objective when it comes to this hotel as it was here that my wife became my fiancée… But even if that wasn’t the case I’m sure we would have received special care from Barbara and the rest of the front desk team who I would like to thank again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adakov
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here and found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable. The staff was very polite and professional. While this hotel is off the beaten path that made it more special in pur opinion. They have a private boat to take you to Murano and the San Marco Piazza.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michael C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I recently attempted to book a business meeting for 12 people at this hotel and found the staff to be unresponsive and out of touch with the local environment. Their prices were more than double similarly rated hotels in Venice city. When given the competitive information, they acknowledged that the hotel was overpriced but were not willing to consider any reduction in price or increased services. The price gap was over 1,000 per person for a 3 day meeting! Based on the comments on TA and my experience attempting to deal with the staff of this hotel, I would steer clear of this property. There are too many choices in Venice!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank whereaminow14
VeneziaManager, Direttore at Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Client,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel on TA.
February is a very particular time of the year in our town. As you probably know, Venice Carnival is one of the most important in the world, which makes it a very high season.
Our property is a boutique hotel, which means it is a unique property in a unique part of town.
As I understand you are a Marriott elite member, I personally took care of your request and I am very sorry we were not able to come to an agreement.
Please do not hesitate to contact me. I truly hope we can work together in a near future.
Once again, thank you.

Best regards,
Chiara Zambianchi
Deputy General Manager
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were a part of a small tour group, who stayed in this hotel for several days in October 2013 (so cannot comment on the price, although we understand it was expensive). We really enjoyed our stay, with excellent service from the staff (for example one of our group became ill in the night, and they couldn’t do enough for her). There was a tourist desk in the lobby, where the staff were very helpful with sightseeing ideas and organising transport. The breakfasts were very good, with lots of choice, including cooked breakfasts, fresh pastries and fruit. The rooms were large and well appointed. The wi fi was not great.

It is not near St Mark’s Square, which turned out to be an advantage because it was less crowded, and more typical of the non-tourist part of Venice. It was a few minutes’ walk to the Grand Canal, and so an easy vaporetto ride to the main tourist precinct. The hotel also offered free regular rides on their launch to St Marks, from right outside the front door. There were many good and reasonably priced restaurants nearby. It is close to the parish church near where Tintoretto lived for over 30 years, and so there are many of his paintings in the church – well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ann B
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We found the hotel to be very nice overall. The staff at the desk were extremely helpful and friendly. They switched our room to a nice view of the canal. And, without me asking, they provided a chilled bottle of champagne in our room in honor of our 25th wedding anniversary. The room was number 105. It was a large room with a wonderfully large bath, with double vanities. The tub was extra long, which made for a comfortable relaxing bath after a long day of walking the city. We were there in December, and the weather was very nice. The hotel has no air conditioning, so it might be a bit hot in the summer. The windows to the rooms open well, but you might get a mosquito or two from the canals. Our breakfast was included in the room, along with free wifi. The breakfast included the typical buffet fare, along with a hot meal selection from the menu...was very generous and made for a great start to the day. The staff made some great restaurant recommendations. They have a courtesy shuttle boat to take guests along the city canals, but must be booked in advance. The hotel is off the beaten path in a very quiet neighborhood, but is only a short walk to the main tourist street. The vaporetto water bus stops just behind the hotel, for easy access to anywhere in the city, and the airport shuttle boat stops there, too. The only negative about the hotel was the quality of the bed. It was absolutely the worst king size mattress I have ever slept upon...and, believe me, I have had some bad mattresses in the past. We were only here two nights...so it was bearable.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Reagan10
Chappaqua, New York
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Only stayed one night, but the room and amenities were terrific. could recommend heartily. made the trip so much easier! lavish breakfast, access to the hotel's boat was great. watch out for the field trips - they can be hard-sell. Cold outside, but the room was warm and cozy. Very elegant and old-worldly, and in a quiet part of town, but easily navigated.

Room Tip: if you can get a room in the back by the boathouse, that's quiet and wonderful, but it's all...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple