“Very Happy”

Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection
Ranked #68 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 29 December 2013

There are 2 x Boscolo hotels, one is close to the railway station and this one is further away in a very quiet part of the city. We thought we booked the one close to the station, but had to walk and navigate our way to the other at night, and been new to the town, this was an experience that would have probably been fun if we weren't tired and it wasn't dark. The hotel is nice and the staff were friendly. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfasts (included in our stay) were excellent, we ate 1 x dinner which was also very good, all other meals we ate out, which was easy and cheaper. Venice is easy to get around from this hotels location and we found walking to be fun turning down all the little lane ways. I guess it was expensive but what isn't in Venice , we loved our stay there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 13Astroboy

Reviewed 24 December 2013

This quiet boutique hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the train station. However, it feels like you're much further away from the tourists of Venice. The hotel itself is decorated beautifully, with an old world feel. Hand blown glass lamps and chandeliers fill the lobby. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. A garden in the back of the hotel is the perfect setting for a romantic walk (and leads down to the dock/water, which borders the rear of the property). The food at the restaurant and drinks at the small bar are exceptional. There is a large selection to choose from and the setting is very quaint. Last, but not least, the staff is excellent. They go out of there way to ensure a peaceful and enjoyable stay. We will definitely return to this "diamond in the rough"!

Room Tip: Every room in this hotel offers it's own unique feel. You can't go wrong, period...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hammerdawg13
Reviewed 23 December 2013

First, let me say that I'm not a fan of B&B's, but this hotel felt really nice. I'm also not a fan of older hotels, but when you're in Venice you just have to stay in a 400 year old palace. We had two really nice rooms at the end of the hall so it felt like a suite. Our rooms we're on the 1st floor with a balcony that looked down onto the lobby and sitting area. It is so pretty. The rooms were really clean. The beds were not the most comfortable, but not dreadful. I did see another room that was being cleaned and it was super small, so be careful. The hotel is off the beaten path and that's nice because it's quiet and it's more of a "local" experience. The hotel offers a boat to and fro to St Marco and Morano which is so nice. Breakfast is included and it's really good. The restaurant food is fine, not fabulous. The little bar is fun to hang out in. The hotel staff is super nice and helpful. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the lobby.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 5starhippychick
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel way off the beaten path. They have a private boat that will take you to St Marks square, quite a ride. This is an elegant hotel with beautiful gardens but we had a strange experience which I will recount. We were staying there the night before boarding ship for a cruise. We checked out, arrived at the ship and I realized I had left my hearing aids at the hotel. I had only been wearing these little fellows for a short time and it is easy to forget to put them on. These hearing aids cost $4,000 which is not unusual. I immediatly called the hotel from the ship and told them what I had done, we had only left about 45 minutes earlier. I asked them to please immediately go to the room and retrieve the hearing aids for me. I spoke to the manager of the hotel, a lady. She assured us she would go to the room and to call her back in a half hour or so and she would report. The room had not been cleaned yet. I breathed a sigh of relief. I had told her where the missing items should be. I was greatly surprised when calling back to learn that nothing could be found, sorry. I expressed amazement because we had promptly called and the room had not been cleaned. The lady said sorry, that was that. The room had been cleaned, nothing found. We hurriedly raced back to the hotel, took almost an hour and appeared in the lobby before the general manager, the lady about 40 or so. Her demeannor was very icy. We asked if anyone else was already in the room, no was the answer. We then asked that we be permitted to go in the room and search ourselves. Incredibly, she refused, saying there was no need, nothing had been found. What harm could be done by letting us look we asked? This was met by silence and cool aggravation. She could not understand why we doubted her. We asked to see the maid who had cleaned the room. The young lady soon appreared holding one of my hearing aids in her hand! $2,000 in other wortds. The manager was flustered, how could this be? She then let us into the room, nothing more was found, gone forever. The manager could not have cared less. End of story. The location of this hotel is reason enough to stay elsewhere, the attitude of the staff is certainly another. Lack of prompt customer service cost me $2,000. The manager assured me she would personally go to the room and retrieve the hearing aids. She obviously had not and greatly resented being caught at it. She had no idea the maid had found anything, having not even mentioning the loss to the clean staff!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank jameseLexington_Ky
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I only stayed here one night, so I didn't take advantage of all the amenities, but I did enjoy myself. The first room we got had a horrid sewer smell, but we were promptly moved to the second floor. Their excuse was low tide, but it was in the low 40's so I can imagine the smell should have been that bad, but then gain the city is sinking. The hotel is loated in a very quiet area which was nice. The rooms are large for European standards and the bathroom was quite nice. Friendly staff and elegant décor, but I don't foresee myself paying that much to stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is on the 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taydiggs08
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Yes, the hotel is a little further away from the main sights but in return you get free shuttle service to St. Marco… And when saying shuttle I mean of course the local taxi-boat. And how are you getting to their private pier? Thru the garden. Yes! As amazing as it sounds, this villa has its own decent sized garden with fake ruins, small bridges and plenty of places to hide.
The room we’ve stayed in was light and spacious, looking at the canal in front of the hotel. There’s not much of a vies, but it’s great leaning out your window, and see the many bridges crossing the canals and the endless variety of boats passing under.
I might not be fully objective when it comes to this hotel as it was here that my wife became my fiancée… But even if that wasn’t the case I’m sure we would have received special care from Barbara and the rest of the front desk team who I would like to thank again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adakov
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here and found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable. The staff was very polite and professional. While this hotel is off the beaten path that made it more special in pur opinion. They have a private boat to take you to Murano and the San Marco Piazza.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends