“Fantastic experience!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 385 Hotels in Venice
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel during our last anniversary. Had a wonderful experience. Nice rooms with all the great amenities for a family. The breakfast served in the morning was delicious. Overall experience for my family was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kumarjyoti19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Los Altos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel was beautiful; the rooms were large and the breakfast delicious. The location though not near the city center is a easy walk into St. Mark's Square. The hotel is out of the crowded area and a quiet location.

1 Thank BFuchs
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of my tour with Globus. We were originally staying on the mainland, however we were upgraded and this is the hotel we found ourselves at.
I was on my own and my room was on the first floor. A king size bed and a cute little study with a large bathroom.
The room was gorgeous as was the rest of the hotel. The breakfast was very nice with high quality food on offer.
A very lovely stay and I would definitely recommend staying here. It would be a perfect place for a romantic escape. Away from the hustle and bustle of the main areas, but only a short taxi ride and you're there. You could also easily walk around the area to find somewhere to eat as well.
A great hotel and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: As we were on a organised tour, I was assuming I had the basic room which was still way above my exp...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leanne G
Greater Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

There are 2 x Boscolo hotels, one is close to the railway station and this one is further away in a very quiet part of the city. We thought we booked the one close to the station, but had to walk and navigate our way to the other at night, and been new to the town, this was an experience that would have probably been fun if we weren't tired and it wasn't dark. The hotel is nice and the staff were friendly. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfasts (included in our stay) were excellent, we ate 1 x dinner which was also very good, all other meals we ate out, which was easy and cheaper. Venice is easy to get around from this hotels location and we found walking to be fun turning down all the little lane ways. I guess it was expensive but what isn't in Venice , we loved our stay there.

2 Thank 13Astroboy
Saline, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

This quiet boutique hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the train station. However, it feels like you're much further away from the tourists of Venice. The hotel itself is decorated beautifully, with an old world feel. Hand blown glass lamps and chandeliers fill the lobby. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. A garden in the back of the hotel is the perfect setting for a romantic walk (and leads down to the dock/water, which borders the rear of the property). The food at the restaurant and drinks at the small bar are exceptional. There is a large selection to choose from and the setting is very quaint. Last, but not least, the staff is excellent. They go out of there way to ensure a peaceful and enjoyable stay. We will definitely return to this "diamond in the rough"!

Room Tip: Every room in this hotel offers it's own unique feel. You can't go wrong, period...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hammerdawg13
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

First, let me say that I'm not a fan of B&B's, but this hotel felt really nice. I'm also not a fan of older hotels, but when you're in Venice you just have to stay in a 400 year old palace. We had two really nice rooms at the end of the hall so it felt like a suite. Our rooms we're on the 1st floor with a balcony that looked down onto the lobby and sitting area. It is so pretty. The rooms were really clean. The beds were not the most comfortable, but not dreadful. I did see another room that was being cleaned and it was super small, so be careful. The hotel is off the beaten path and that's nice because it's quiet and it's more of a "local" experience. The hotel offers a boat to and fro to St Marco and Morano which is so nice. Breakfast is included and it's really good. The restaurant food is fine, not fabulous. The little bar is fun to hang out in. The hotel staff is super nice and helpful. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the lobby.
2 Thank 5starhippychick
lexington, ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel way off the beaten path. They have a private boat that will take you to St Marks square, quite a ride. This is an elegant hotel with beautiful gardens but we had a strange experience which I will recount. We were staying there the night before boarding ship for a cruise. We checked out, arrived at the ship and I realized I had left my hearing aids at the hotel. I had only been wearing these little fellows for a short time and it is easy to forget to put them on. These hearing aids cost $4,000 which is not unusual. I immediatly called the hotel from the ship and told them what I had done, we had only left about 45 minutes earlier. I asked them to please immediately go to the room and retrieve the hearing aids for me. I spoke to the manager of the hotel, a lady. She assured us she would go to the room and to call her back in a half hour or so and she would report. The room had not been cleaned yet. I breathed a sigh of relief. I had told her where the missing items should be. I was greatly surprised when calling back to learn that nothing could be found, sorry. I expressed amazement because we had promptly called and the room had not been cleaned. The lady said sorry, that was that. The room had been cleaned, nothing found. We hurriedly raced back to the hotel, took almost an hour and appeared in the lobby before the general manager, the lady about 40 or so. Her demeannor was very icy. We asked if anyone else was already in the room, no was the answer. We then asked that we be permitted to go in the room and search ourselves. Incredibly, she refused, saying there was no need, nothing had been found. What harm could be done by letting us look we asked? This was met by silence and cool aggravation. She could not understand why we doubted her. We asked to see the maid who had cleaned the room. The young lady soon appreared holding one of my hearing aids in her hand! $2,000 in other wortds. The manager was flustered, how could this be? She then let us into the room, nothing more was found, gone forever. The manager could not have cared less. End of story. The location of this hotel is reason enough to stay elsewhere, the attitude of the staff is certainly another. Lack of prompt customer service cost me $2,000. The manager assured me she would personally go to the room and retrieve the hearing aids. She obviously had not and greatly resented being caught at it. She had no idea the maid had found anything, having not even mentioning the loss to the clean staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple