“Great hotel and experience”

Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection
Ranked #65 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Boscolo Venice in March 2014 and I really loved my time here. The hotel is very nice and has a classic feel about. The glass chandelier in the lobby was awesome and we actually ventured over to the glass factory in Murano to see more. The location was great just near the water. The back area behind the restaurant is a hidden gem. That should be advertised more. The staff was very attentive and I would definitely stay in other Boscolo properties based off of my experience here. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed 2nights in this hotel was amazing and nice place to relax and enjoy the views of Venice and its very short walking distance to central Venice . I would definitely recommend this hotel , lovely , helpful and smiley staff . we loved their complimentary .
I would love to go back to Venice and to the same hotel .
We enjoyed every minutes of it .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My reception at this hotel was the best ever! Really!!!
Imagine that when I checked in I was showing my ID and immediately the receptionist started to speak in Portuguese to me!
Was really a super experience!
About the hotel, although it is not in st Marcus piazza is in a very good location, in my opinion. Very quiet, with some very good restaurants near by.
Thanks.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We just spent two nights at this property and enjoyed it very much. We loved the quiet location away from the tourist areas of Venice yet very convenient to walk to everything. There are wonderful restaurants right in the neighborhood and the hotel gave us some good recommendations. We ended up eating in the neighborhood and then walking back to St. Mark's at night, which was lovely and we avoided the expensive touristy restaurants around the square. The staff was attentive; we had no complaints at all in that area. The second night we did get in late and noticed that our rug was wet in several spots. While it did rain that day, we were a level up so it shouldn't have been because of the rain. I mentioned it to the staff when we checked out the next morning and they were very concerned.

The only reason I didn't give the property 5 stars was our room was very small. It did have a view of the canal but had a bed and a small desk. There was not even a comfortable chair to sit in which is always in a room in a 5 star hotel. I'm a Marriott Platinum member and was told at check-in I had received an upgrade but doubt that was the case. There couldn't have possibly been a smaller room than ours! We didn't say anything since we knew we wouldn't be in the room that much.

The common areas were very attractive and the grounds in back were wonderful. Be sure to walk all the way back to the pier and sit out there.

We would definitely stay there again if we return to Venice but we would make sure to book a bigger room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeanb1876
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend with my daughter (15) and my parents who are in their sixties. The hotel was in a lovely quiet area away from the madness of St Marks but still near enough to get easily into the centre. The rooms were lovely-clean and luxurious. The staff were very helpful and as was our experience generally in Venice, went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Don't forget to visit the exquisite garden during your stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sally G
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Very disappointed in the hotel given the price and that they call themselves 5 stars. The staff was poor and inattentive. At a 5 star hotel I should not have to open the lobby door ever. Desk agents and concierge were indifferent and could not have cared if anyone was there. While waiting in line a manager just stood in the lobby and looked at people. Water could not stay at the same temperature and went from hot to cold. The water taxi they promote only runs a few times and given the location is disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris J
VeneziaManager, Front Office Manager at Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Mr Chris,
Thank you very much for your review. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay at Boscolo Venezia.

In particular we are deeply sorry to heard that our Staff was unprofessional and gave you so a bad feeling. That is exactly the opposite of what we usually do because our purpose is to create in the hotel a family atmosphere and we would like that the Guest feel at home.

We really hope that you will choice once again our Hotel for a next stay in Venice to have the opportunity to change your opinion and to show you the best of our services.

Always at your disposal,
Best Regards

Martina Malusa
Front Office Manager Assistant

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just got back from Boscolo and had a great long weekend. The palazzo and gardens are beautiful and staff is great. The hotel is about as far from San Marco as you can get but we took the free Motoscafi (sign up at the desk early) and enjoyed the walks. Can definitely recommend if you like peace and quiet -

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple