“Charming neighborhood location”

Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection
Ranked #68 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is the way to experience Venice. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood which I welcomed. A short walk to many restaurants where the locals eat and hang out. There are a couple of vaporetta stops nearby to take you to the hustle and bustle of Venice. So location wise, it was great.
As a platinum I was upgraded to a canal room, the rooms are small in italy so that was no surprise. There is a lack of drawer spaced (3 teeny tiny drawers in the closet). There was only one outlet (which they recommend you plug the mosquito repellent into). We had lots of things we needed outlets for, so we just kept out windows closed, never had mosquito, but really could have used way more outlets.
Breakfast was in the beautiful garden. One dish off the hot menu and the buffet. eh. Do NOT get the pancakes as they haven't perfected the American pancake yet. Eggs and such were fine. Lots of pastries. I cannot say how great the service was by all the staff. Kitchen and front desk. Just excellent. Very helpful.
Don't fret about the shower, just turn on the cold water first and adjust the shower head before you turn it on. The beds are a tad on the hard side. For English language TV, you'll have CNN. Typical of Italy.
Venice is expensive and so is the Boscolo. 15Euro small tiramasu and a 7Euro small bottle of coke. But again, lots of nearby eateries. 75E for private water taxi to the train station as of today.
I would stay here again for sure!!!! See photos my daughter took below.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank trekker954
Write a ReviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is truly beautiful, from the exquisite chandeliers in the lobby and public spaces through to the beautiful private gardens at the back that end on the lagoon. It's a joy just to wander through the place and admire it. Fortunately, the rooms and the service matched the beauty of the property. The staff at reception were warm and welcoming - and when we had a few special requests, they went out of their ways to accommodate. The room was large and comfortable, with the most beautiful ceiling I think I'll ever see in an hotel room - thick beams of timber criss-crossed in a beguiling pattern.
The hotel is a 20 minute hike to St Marks Square, but the benefit is a quiet and relaxed atmosphere which we loved. The only downside, which is not the hotel's fault, is the wickedly expensive water taxi costs to get there, if you have more that light luggage. But, once there.... ahhhhh!

1  Thank LJG_Away
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. It is in possibly the quietest part of Venice, and yet probably as near to the airport and railway as you could wish for. Opening our room window and we could not hear a thing....nothing ! The garden is quite special as well, lots of little places to hide away in !
The staff were all very knowledgeable and so very helpful. One of them, Phillip, recommended a couple of restaurants, that we would never have found, and they were excellent. Two other staff, I hope I remember their names correctly as Bade and Edo , deserve a mention too as they genuinely seem to enjoy their work.
We were only there for 4 nights, but felt so at home.

Room Tip: If you absolutely must have a room overlooking the canal then best you mention that when booking. As...
1  Thank rrrjjjwww
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Recently stayed 5 nights at the Venice location of the Boscolo chain on a vacation that also had us staying 6 nights at the Boscolo Palace Roma and 1 night at Boscolo Milano. Of the 3 the Boscolo Venezia was far and away the superior experience.

Pros...
Great location for easy mobility....Vaporetto stop on N lagoon stop is a 5 minute walk. Vaporetto stop on Grand Canal is a 10 minute walk. Train station is actually a short walk but as always in Venice will involve several bridge crossings so best to take the Vaporetto from the train station.
Beautiful lobby, breakfast area and garden.... this hotel delivers what you would expect Venice to look like...terrazzo floors, glass chandeliers and a massive quiet private garden.
Incredible rooms are possible...maybe you won't get one "on the noble floor" as we did. but i am sure there are plenty of other amazing rooms.
Bonus.....free hotel shuttle boat to St Mark's or Burano gives you the cool water taxi experience without the high price.
Breakfast....very comprehensive and available til 11

Cons....
Requirement to repeatedly reacquire WiFi was annoying
Bed wasn't that comfortable by American standards

Room Tip: As for one on the Noble Floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for valentines weekend and were treated to a free upgrade, we had a fantastic and very special large room for the weekend. I've never stayed somewhere so wonderful a and grand and I'm unlikely to again. Unforgettable hotel and very helpful staff

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emily t
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights @ Boscolo Venezia with family of 8. What we liked: friendly/helpful staff, clean room, very good buffet, good location(20 minute walk to square), better than average accommodations for Europe. What we did not like: inadequate air conditioning - need ceiling fans in lobby , eating areas and in rooms. Would be a 5 star for a Europe in better air conditioning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My new wife and I stayed here for the first stop in our honeymoon, and it was an amazing experience. I travel a lot for work, so we were able to use my Marriott points. Because of my Marriott status, they included breakfast at no charge in exchange for some other usual Marriott perks, which was more than fine with me. The buffet is delightful, with meats, cheeses, pastries, and of course, Nutella. The staff spoke excellent English and were extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

The location was perfect--it was not located in the touristy area of Venice, but was close to public transportation to get there. For a few extra Euro, it was definitely worth the peace and quiet. The gardens near the breakfast area are beautiful and have more than one or two surprises hidden there.

What really sold me on the exceptional service of Boscolo Venezia is a fairly unique situation that arose on our second night at the hotel. My wife took her wedding ring off in the shower, and put it on top of the door. She did not realize that the door frame to the shower was hollow, and it fell down inside the door frame. We called the staff in a panic, but they reassured us that they would be able to get it out. Their maintenance staff ended up unscrewing the door frame and removed the sealing, and recovered the ring!

Now, I am almost positive that this situation will not happen to you, but I think it speaks volumes to the level of service and care that the Boscolo Venezia staff provide to their guests. If we return to Venice in the future, I would be hard pressed to stay anywhere else.

2  Thank hcook619