“Agreable and well-located”
Review of B4 Bellini Venezia

B4 Bellini Venezia
Ranked #111 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Leaving our ship and having traveled on the so-called "People Mover", we arrived promptly at Santa Lucia train station. The Bellini is close by, about half-an-hour before the Rialto bridge. Attentive, polite and cheerful staff at the reception. Small, rather cold room lacking any Venitian charm, comfy enough with a surprisingly vast bathroom and good amenities. Beware of the bizarre TV control system. Nice breakfast. Lots of outstanding restaurant all-around. Good deal on Priceline.
The Church of Saint Jeremiah containing the relics of Lucy is close by.

Room Tip: Well located, rooms on the tiny side but shop around for the best deals before you book.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Torontonian54
Write a ReviewReviews (1,638)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I quite liked our room since we upgraded to room 102. I was a little wary of the hotel after reading a few negative reviews. But our room had a big balcony with 3 floor-to-ceiling doors and it overlooked the Grand Canal. My husband made me close the doors though since he didn't want flies and mosquitoes in the room. I guess that's a good thing since I got bit several times outside. It's on the first floor but It's high enough since it's on top of the restaurant below. Great balcony for people watching. Although, I think the people hanging around the bridge watched us on the balcony since the bridge was probably at the same height lol. Since we were on the 1st floor, I can't really comment on the elevator/lift. Although, it seemed small and we and another couple were waiting for it when we first checked in. Call us impatient but since it took a while to arrive and couldn't fit our suitcases plus the other couple, we decided to carry our suitcases up the stairs.

The style of the room and bathroom were pretty nice; it is Venetian-style. Not sure what that style is since it was my first time in Venice. I'd say it was 4 star. Clean and nice to look at. The air conditioner worked fine. The lighting fixtures and wall art were very interesting. Although, there was an unfortunate big hole on one of the curtains.

Hotel staff was helpful and nice. The woman who checked us in wasn't overly friendly like I am used to but the man who checked us out was very friendly and personable. Breakfast was very delicious (meats, eggs, cheese, pastries, fruits). It tasted better than your average hotel breakfast buffet. I think it is comparable to getting a good breakfast outside.

Free wifi is best used in the lobby. I think our room could get wifi but I had to position my phone/laptop near the desk in the room to actually use it (even then it was still spotty). The lobby had a computer and printer that was free to use. Very helpful when we needed to print out our boarding passes.

It is a few seconds walk to the Santa Lucia train station and a few minutes walk to the bus that goes to the VCE airport. Very convenient if you need to use the train or bus station. Although I do have to mention that there was a bridge with shallow steps that you have to cross to get to the bus station. Not very easy with very heavy luggage.

There are plenty of shops and restaurants around the area. Although, it is a 30 minute walk to the main tourist area - St. Mark's Square and St. Mark's Basilica. No matter how many short cuts we tried, it always seemed like it was 30 minutes. That isn't a long walk but I think I was a little tired in Venice. And it's not like you can easily catch a taxi or take public transportation at any one spot.

I'd stay at this hotel if I decided to stay in this area of Venice again. Although since we always walked towards St. Mark's, maybe I'd try that area next.

Room Tip: Room 102 had a great view of the Grand Canal although the upgrade costs a bit more. Check out my pic...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KrisLT617
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed one night in a Superior Triple Room. The neighborhood is close to the train station- but there are tons of people standing around the outside of the hotel at all times. Tour groups meet directly outside the entrance and block the way for people dragging their luggage trying to check in. We encountered these tour groups several times during our 24 hour stay. Our room was in poor condition. The breakfast was fine. But I really expected more than a budget class hotel for the amount we paid. I wish I would have found another hotel. Glad I was just there for 1 night. The front desk staff was nice though. They send someone up immediately to fix our television that didn't work.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank krigano
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were very surprised at how tiny our room was. Our friends had 2 other rooms and said theirs was ok, but we never saw theirs on a different floor. It is very close to the train station so that was a huge plus. Front desk refused to give us a second key to our room which we thought was strange. They do require your key in a slot by the door to operate the lights and a/c to the room. So when you leave, your room gets hot until you come back and put the key in. Not convenient if you and your spouse are going different directions, both people need their own key.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank careswell
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of our tour. The hotel was average. We actually changed our room when we first got there because the room was very stuffy and small. We were on the top floor and the ceiling was very low. My daughter felt very claustrophobic. We were then moved to the ground floor and the room was nicer but the noise from the street at night was terrible. This was my least favourite of all the hotels we stayed at during our tour but Venice is unlike any of the other places we stayed. The building is very old and therefore the decor is old as well. The hotel is clean and the staff is so friendly and helpful. The location is amazing. It is close to everything.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the second or third floor. Rooms any higher seem to get smaller and rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy R
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just a spit away from the train station and water transport.
The hotel lobby was impressive with blown glass chandeliers and wall sconces.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Our room on the 3rd floor was small but very clean.
The lift is a little on the slow side but it gets there eventually.
Breakfast was a good mix of hot & cold buffet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennyw1754
Reviewed 5 July 2014

With a water taxi drop-off location 100m from the hotel the location is ideal for a pre-cruise stay. That being said the hotel was not inconvenient for access to San Marco Sq.either by water taxi or a 30-40 minute walk.
The guest rooms are standard European style size, clean and comfortable (hotel is old don't expect anything else). Bathroom was clean and efficient. Hotel front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very good with something for everyone, hot or cold preference.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple