“1day visit turned into a 5day return”
Review of Hotel Concordia

Hotel Concordia
Ranked #79 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Meeting the Q-E in Venice (Oct 2012) enabled my good lady and myself to spend a 1 day first visit to Venice. Smitten by the Venice bug, made us return for 5 days this April 2013.
Easy Jet recomended amongst others the Concordia, I must say we were more than pleased.
Location 10/10 brilliant, staff very good, made you feel very welcome, Breakfast food again very good, as was the cleanliness of the facilties, chamber maid excelent. with helpful front desk & the porters.
Only 1 complaint as I was not very knowledeble with regard to traveling from the Polo airport to St Marco location I asked the hotel to arrange it, they did for 170 euro which I accepted.
Making our own arrangements for the return journey it cost me 30 euro.
I was not aware of the facillites at the Airport that you could book ,I.E. The Water Bus Service.which is excellent through out the Island.or a Luxury, Water Taxi, Expensive. Having said all that I would certainly recomend Hotel Concordia
Therefore for new travellers to Venice, Take note. Do your homework first.
I would certainly recomend the Hotel Concordia.
One other recomendation using the Waterbus buy a 18 or 24 hr ticket and visit Burano,& Murano,
Burano is beautiful. and Enjoy Venice.

Ken /Em

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view & I got one. thank you .
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
giocar, Direttore at Hotel Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear zeus74,

first of all thank you very much for taking your time to write such a lovely review about our hotel.

We feel glad that you appreciated our central location, our staff, our buffet breakfast and our services.

The difference between the 30 euros and the 170 euros is that 170 euros included a private transfer from the airport to the hotel (there was someone waiting for you at the airport; you reached Venice car terminal by a luxury car, and then there was a private taxi till the closest canal; furthermore, our porter helped you with the luggage) ; on the other hand 30 euros is the cost of a public shuttle (a big boat for 80 people; it takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes to reach the airport, and then you have to walk around 850 metres to reach the airport main entrance).

We really wish to welcome you soon again, so please do not hesitate to contact us anything you may need or require.

The Manager and the staff at the Hotel Concordia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Without a doubt, this is the best location in Venice. I've stayed here twice and have sent many friends here.
Here's a warning: the desk staff encouraged us the take a free trip to Murano, courtesy of a "tourist group." No pressure, they said, you can walk around and explore the island for free. This is not true. There is no "tourist group." The trip is to a specific factory where you can watch glass-blowing for five minutes. You are then lead into an elaborate showroom where they try to sell you very expensive works in glass. I was standing there in my Costco shirt and pants wondering why they (or anyone) would think that I could possibly be interested in a water glass that cost the rock-bottom, bargain price of 150 Euros ($195). I did not buy anything. But you are in a factory with no access to the rest of the island, so you can't just walk out and stroll around.
The first time I was at the Concordia was 18 years ago. I went on the free trip to Murano then because I wanted to buy a chandelier, which I did. All these years later, they are still pushing the trip to Murano because it must be profitable for them. If you don't mind a hard sell, take the trip and gaze in wonder at the beautiful showroom. But, please, know what you are getting into.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
giocar, Direttore at Hotel Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Judith P,

First of all we thank you very much for taking your time to write your nice feedback about us.
We are happy to know it that you appreciated our central location and we thank you for suggesting our property to all your friends.

We would like just to clarify something about the trip to the island you are talking about.
Most of our staff has been working here since many years and has always done his very best to take special care of our guests, trying to pamper them. We are used to offer our guests some interesting free services provided by real professionists, but we have never forced them to join any tours.
Please understand that goods of Murano are expensive just because they are real pieces of art (probably like the chandelier you bought 18 years ago ) and not copies that you can easily find in any shop here around.

After the visit to the factory, most people do like it walking around Murano on their own, enjoying the beautiful island of the lagoon.

Our only aim is to make our guests feel comfortable and we always wish they go back home with bright memories.

We really hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The Hotel Concordia was in the perfect position for our trip to Venice, as it was right behind Piazza San Marco.

Overall, the rooms were a little older than they look on the website. We stayed in a Superior Room, which was comfortable and a good size. The decor was very lovely in venetian style. The only bad thing I would say is that it is a little noisy. The walls were quite thin and we could hear the next room's tv loudly and the people walking outside. I wouldn't recommend for light sleepers.

The service at the hotel was wonderful. The reception staff were happy to advise restaurants (and book them), recommend things to see and do, and were very polite.

The small restaurant at the hotel also was wonderful. Although a small menu, the waitress was happy to check back and forth with the chef on which menu items I was allowed (as I am a celiac). There was gluten-free pasta available and although there were no gluten-free options for desserts, the chef prepared a fruit salad with fresh blueberries, strawberries, rockmelon, etc for me. For breakfast, the chef sent me out a basket full of gluten-free breads, biscuits, and rice crackers. I was able to otherwise have fresh fruit, and yoghurt at the breakfast buffet.

Overall, the staff and the location made this hotel brilliant.

1  Thank Laura B
giocar, Direttore at Hotel Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dear Laura B,

we thank you very much for your nice comments: it is a pleasure for us to know it that you appreciated our staff, our hotel and our rich buffet breakfast.

In case you wish to come again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly: we would do our best to give you one of our quietest rooms.

Best regards from Venice,

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Thanks to this hotel's great staff we were able to locate a dentist to help deal with my atrocious toothache. I was even offered a complimentary glass of grappa by the charmng hotel manager to dull the pain.
As or the hotel itself: great location,amazingly quiet {no car traffic}, good beakfast {for my husband}. I'd love to come again -- after my root canal...

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs BulleWatervilleMaine,

first of all we thank you very much for your kind words about our staff and our hotel.

We are glad that you feel much better now and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward welcoming you soon again,

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Venice is unique and this is reflected is the prices of everything in the city. We paid £15 for a cup of coffee in St mark's square listening to a band playing.

With this in mind, we got a good deal on this hotel which is situated on the very corner of the main square. Easy to find and get to, we arrived and were greeted by very helpful and friendly staff. Our room faced, very closely, another block opposite and not the view of the square; these rooms are clearly a premium price for their location. The room was fine, decorated in a distinctive style and of a small to medium size; it was more than adequate for our stay. It was clean and warm, it was less than 5 degrees outside (very unusual for this time of year). The bathroom was clean and of a decent size with slippers, robes and thick towels. The location was perfect for every trip we made.

Breakfast was in the dining room overlooking St. Marks! There was ample choice of fruit, cereals, rolls etc also with a choice of coffee or chocolate.

The bells every hour and usually on the hour just made this location even better from our point of view - they were very close and just added to the overall atmosphere.

Room Tip: If it really matters then pay more for a room with a view
6  Thank ronn52
giocar, Direttore at Hotel Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear ronn52,

thank you very much for your nice review: we are glad to know it that you appreciated our hotel, and we are looking forward welcoming you soon again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Brilliant location right on San Marco Square with a view of the basillica right out our window. Very clean and spacious rooms, decorated in beautiful Venetian style. The breakfast was excellent with a large variety of cereals, breads, cakes, fruit, meats, fry etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful but the only downside was that we felt they were trying to sell us overpriced trips but that doesn't change my opinion of the hotel (e.g. offered us a water taxi to airport for 110 Euro when the public taxi from the square was 15 Euro and we had to ask was there any alternative to the expensive taxi). Overall would highly recommend and definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ensure to ask for a view of the basillica if you want to wake up with a view of the most famous buil...
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Our hotel was wonderful. The staff were so helpful and friendly. They were so welcoming. Our room was excellent. We asked for a room with shower as my husband has mobility problems. This was granted and the room had a view of St Mark's Square. Iloved waking to the sound of bells and no traffic noise. The breakfast was excellent and catered for all tastes. The staff made sure everyone was getting excellent service. Staff always greeted you whatever their role. The organisation of water-taxi transport was very good and Lay the bellboy is a great asset to the hotel. We will be returning to this on our next visit. Thank you Giuliano and your team.

Room Tip: Go for it!!
1  Thank Patricia G