“Perfect getway”
Review of Hotel Colombina

Hotel Colombina
Ranked #52 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We've booked the hotel due to its great location and goid reviews. We've loved it! Close to S mark square (few blocks - if you can say block in venice...). We arrived from marco polo airport by shared water taxi that left us in S Mark Square. We follow the map and in less than 5m we arrived the hotel. If you tale private taxi it leaves you in the hotel dock. The hotel has renovation such as elevators.
Quiet and charming. Warm reception and very good staff. Check in was breeze.
The breakfast is very good, with fruits, yougurt, croissants, bread, cakes, ham, cheese, and a couple of hot plates to choose from.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ferrazalves

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed in the Annex part, it was sufficient for the purpose. Had no issues, we stayed in the month of January 2014, the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and very much Venice. One double bed and separate bathroom. The breakfast was great every morning it was laid out for you to choose your favourite food. This time of the year was perfect it was not that cold that you could not enjoy yourself. Had no rain from the 6th January to the 10th January. Had no trouble to getting into all events in Venice , no lining up or waiting. Loved the Hotel it was just at the back of St Marks square the perfect place. Would definitely stay here again. The Annex room would only suit those that are just using it as a base and not staying in the room all day. We were out every day and came back to the room to crash.. The staff were relaxed eager to help on the first day of arrival we were lucky enough within 1/2 hour of arriving to be offered a Gondolier trip with 2 other couples the cost per person was €30 each which was better than paying €120 per couple, this was for 35 minutes,. For the staff to organise this was excellent. They were also helpful in providing a boat free of charge to take you to Murano Island which brought you back to Nova which was a 12 minute walk to Rialto unless of course you were wanting to take the tiki tour of the maze in other words getting yourself lost off the map which without the help of the locals took 1 in 1/2 hours to get back.....fun fun. Loved Venice, loved the Hotel and it,s staff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First of all, I want to say that I think the Hotel is fantastic - in terms of the building and a place to stay. The location is second to none, just beware that its difficult to find first time and mobile reception is poor if you're somebody who relies on googlemaps.
Our room, no.303 was beautiful and my girlfriend was in a state of shock and awe. The canal view from the balcony was gorgeous and it was everything I expected from Venice and for the price. The beds are firm but I like that. Note that the rooms are hot and I imagine in the summer it must be harsh but with our amazing balacony we just have the doors open.
The welcome and check-in was perfect, the man behind the desk was polite and really helpful and explained a lot and we had our bags taken to our room by an equally nice man.
The problem with this hotel is the recommendations and prices they quote for extras such as taxis and gondola rides.
Do not go to the restaurant they recommend! Terrible food, really expensive and poor service. It was so disappointing especially as when we left we saw the menu of the restaurant further down the road and the atmosphere inside and saw it was nicer and cheaper.
Also, they offer you a "gondola" experience which they say is much cheaper as you share so its only €30 but if you shop around you can get a private gondola for 2 for about the same $60-$80. Also our gondola man looked pretty scruffy and was on his mobile phone the entire 30minutes.
They also say a watertaxi to the airport is €120 but you can get only for about €90.
Its a real shame really, as the standards of the services they claim to help you with do not match the standards of the lovely hotel and rooms. You don't feel like they are 100% on your side.
I would stay there again but without taking their advice on outings.
I hope that if the hotel management read this, they take heed to improve on this as I am sure they know what I mean.

Room Tip: Room 303 is beautiful with a canal view. Will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Frankie87475
Reviewed 30 January 2014

An average stay. Well located. Average breakfast. Room was depressing. Marco, the bell boy was helpful. Cant say much about the others. Not impressed. I dont know if all hotels are like this. This was advertised as a 4 star hotel. No way !!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank madmaxbombay
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I don't understand all the bad reviews. This is not what my wife and I experienced. I stand 6 ft 1. And I had no problem standing up in the shower. We stayed in the rooms behind the main building. So this wasn't even a nicer room. All the hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

We even had a staff member walk us to where we wanted to go because he couldn't explain how to get there. We thought the hotel room was small, but adequate for us and for what we paid.

We were completely happy with our room and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bryon B
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Really close to Piazza San Marco. Quaint, quiet, cozy room. Excellent breakfast buffet in a very elegant environment. Friendly and helpful staff. What more can you ask for? I recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a great location in an elegant cozy hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank TereArzola
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed at this lovely hotel last December 17 to 21. I booked it as a surprise for my wife's 50th birthday. This charming boutique hotel is in a great location close to all amenities and tourist attractions but yet quiet and secluded. Hotel is very well kept and maintained ( they were cleaning the chandeliers when we stayed). Our room was fabulous and exactly as described on the website. The view from our window was fabulous and as my wife burst into tears when she saw it paying the extra for a canal view was certainly worth it. Has its own dock so you can literally get off the plane and get on a water taxi and go straight to your hotel (also well worth doing this). Last but certainly not least the hotel staff were courteous, well mannered, professional and extremely helpful at all times and they all contributed to what was an extremely enjoyable stay in venice .
Grazie mille,
Donal & Carol O Keeffe. (Ireland)
P.S.
I would like to thank the hotel for the biscuits they left for my wife on her birthday......she still has them and I don't think she will ever eat them. As she forgot to thank the hotel I do so now.
Grazie ancora ,