“Ok for a substitute hotel!”
Review of Amadeus Hotel

Amadeus Hotel
Ranked #176 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in June 2013 overnight with my husband a daughter. Unfortunately I had booked my preferential hotel for the week after we were supposedly staying. They were fantastic and managed to find us a room with breakfast in the Amadeus. The room we were given was large and had Juliet balconies facing the very busy (and noisy) street. My daughter was thrilled to be sleeping on a chaise longue! The room was a little tired looking and I felt that the 300 euro price tag for 1 night b&b was excessive. We literally laid our heads at night and ate breakfast (though the breakfast was very good). The hotel location was fine and a very short distance from both the water bus stops for St Marks Square and for the airport. It was just unfortunate that we couldn't stay in the hotel I had researched and was looking forward to staying in.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank littlemisskeen

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed twice at this convenient hotel in May 2013 and June 2013 - just a few minutes walk to both the Santa Lucia Train Station and the Passenger Terminal via water taxi is the best or people mover for 1 Euro.
Whilst the staff were pleasant, the room was a bit pungent, breakfast was the usual continental type but it suited our needs splendidly. There are so many eating places near here and I have comments on some for you. Would we stay a third time? = yes. We were impressed with being allowed to store our baggage not needed to travel to Como. We were also impressed with a late check-out at 6pm seeing our flight did not leave until 9.50pm instead of a usual midday check-out
More than ideal for our requirements.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear may well be better as the front rooms were noisy - squawking seagulls (not the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 53bob22
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel fo 3 nights with my daughter, we found the location excellelent and the breakfasts very good, lovely hotel clean and comfotable in a beautiful city, hopefully we will retun one day

Room Tip: Good location to see the city
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my elderly mother! I booked it through Travel Republic and chose it because it appeared to be in a convenient location - it was! We got the bus from the airport (30minutes, 6 Euros) and then walked for 5 minutes to the hotel, which was easy to find. Our room was ready and we were allowed in it at 10 30! At the same time we were given the free wi fi code to use in our room. Our room was small with 2 single beds. The shower and bath were excellent and the towels clean and fluffy! We had a balcony which overlooked a small courtyard. Staff were busy but helpful when it came to directions, etc. The water bus was also five minutes walk away although we only used this once as we chose to walk wherever we went. (My mother, aged 80, and I walked to San Marco in 35 minutes). Breakfast was included, and although it was basic, the coffee was great. I liked this hotel and if I were to return to Venice tomorrow I would look no further!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 153. It had 2 small singles but was quiet and clean, and the shower and bath were...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eileen L
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Not unlike the city of Venice itself, this hotel is old, a bit run down and shopworn. While I've always loved Venice, I couldn't find any endearing trait in this unremarkable old joint and I won't stay there again. I was in Venice on business and the hotel's location was perfect for me, but the creaky, chipped room furniture, the aging wallpaper and fire-hazard electrics were serious minus points. Breakfast was totally average, too, and hardly a redeeming factor. All staff members, however, were kind and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The beds were very comfortable.Room was well equipped. Good variety breakfast in a nice breakfast room, Close to railway- and bus stations as well as to a water bus stop.

Surprisingly enough, considering that the hotel is located in Venice, which is supposed to be one of the mayor tourist attractions in Europe, it offered very little tourist information material.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hans O
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We had a nice sized room on the top floor, with a small balcony overlooking the city. The proximity to the train station was excellent. The street is full of tourists and tourist shops, but easy to get past that. The hotel offered a special with its companion hotel (the Principe) which included a welcome drink, which we had on their terrace on the Grand Canal. The room was very clean, with a good sized bathroom. The breakfast included meat, cheese, scrambled eggs and bacon, fruit and yoghurt, and a variety of breads and croissants. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple