“One only issue”

The Gritti Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #8 of 384 Hotels in Venice
“One only issue”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The only issue that I had with the Hotel is that it puts all the rest to shame...!
This was by far the best hotel I have ever been to. It is grand, yet relaxed. You can wear your tux or your trainers and no one will care one way or the other.

The hotel looks stunning. It has been restored wonderfully paying homage and attention to the original venetian interiors, using a lot of local materials. Fabrics, glasses, floors.

It feels more like a private house than a hotel.

The staff is very well trained, kind and fast. The concierge organised for us a beautiful boat trip. I know Venice quite well and they made sure I went to places I didn't know yet.

I am already planning a trip for next year.

6 Thank Siuzie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I've recently been to The Gritti Palace for a "honey-moon" type trip to celebrate my 24th Wedding Anniversary and had the most amazing experience in relation to services. Before I chose the hotel for the special occasion I did a lot of reserach and noticed that The Gritti Palace had a lot of excellent comments about the level of services. This drove my decision to choose The Gritti Palace and I can tell you I can only corroborate all the good excellent comments I've read before and obviously I had to add mine too! I very rarely make a review but made sure I spent the time to do this one. Trust me it is worth spending a bit more to stay at The Gritti. Although I have always loved Venice I used to say that level of services were not really great as there is more demand than supply in most areas of the hospitality industry. The Gritti has definitely changed my perception on this point and my wife and I had the most amazing time. All staff were great overall, however I must highlight the services provided by UMBERTO Vianello from the Concierge. He goes much beyond the extra mile!!!! I also received very special treatment from Lliana Quagliotto even before I arrived at The Gritti as she arranged for a very special welcome and great room for our celebration. I am sure the management of The Gritti will be aware of the importance of the staff and the quality of the service they provide to the guests and that they have to be rewarded accordingly, but I must say that people like UMBERTO you just don't find very often, and I can tell you I've been around A LOT and to many EXCELLENT hotels before either with work or on holidays, but I have never seen anything like that. Finally just wanted to add that no one should leave the Gritti without trying the food, which is simply great. Make sure you don't miss out the fresh fruits and treat yourselve and your partner with champagne and strawberries in your room with a view to the Grand Canal, a once in a lifetime experience. So thanks to all of you at The Gritti! We will be back...

Room Tip: Get a room with a view to the Grand Canal. It is worth it if you can spend time in your room appreci...
4 Thank Ricperoli
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family spent five fantastic days at the Gritti Palace in December. We were made to feel very welcome by all the staff. Our two Grand Canal rooms were exquisite with excellent views, sumptuous decor, luxurious bathrooms and superb housekeeping (who never stinted on supplies of Acqua di Parma toiletries). The welcome bottle of Prosecco and fresh flowers that were changed regularly really made the difference that set this hotel out as the best in which I have ever stayed. We used the bar every evening, the concierge were very helpful, even coming outside to pick an excellent gondolier for us, and the restaurant, in which we ate three nights, kept us all happy. This is a truly outstanding hotel

Room Tip: The view from the Grand Canal rooms is picture perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EdieFox79
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were a bit anxious about revisiting the Gritti Palace since our previous stay was before the renovations and we were a bit apprehensive that some of the old charm might have been lost.

As it happened, we returned to a familiar yet enhanced atmosphere, great service, fantastic staff and as usual stellar platinum Treatment.

We had used our Suite Night Award to upgrade our room to a Sestiere Suite and this was upgrade one category higher to a Serinissima prior to our arrival and again to a Grand Patron Suite on the day of arrival. With a 3 categorie upgrades, we were absolutely amazed to discover the Donghia suite on the 3rd floor, overlooking the Grand Canal and Santa Maria della Salute.

Wonderful stay with a bottle of Ca di Bosco awaiting us in the room, together with some fresh berries. We absolutely loved the room and this was by far the best stay in many years. The staff is impeccable and makes sure every stay is enjoyable. We are fans and will always choose the Gritti over any other hotels when in Venice.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

What a great hotel. The location is perfect, the decor appropriately opulent Venetian. The staff attentive and professional. The renovation work was executed perfectly. The hotel is not cheap by even Venice standards, but I can think of no other place I'd stay when revisiting this amazing city!

1 Thank mattfyfe
ExecOffice-HtlGritti, General Manager at The Gritti Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and its décor, result of attentive and researched renovation works and, last but not least, the attentive and discreet service provided by our professional team.

Providing our Guests with the best possible hospitality has always been our goal and we are happy having achieved it with you: thank you for having elected The Gritti Palace as your unique address when staying in Venice.

We look forward to your next visit for another experience to treasure.

Best regards,

Paolo Lorenzoni
Swansea, UK
Reviewed 14 December 2013

A fabulous hotel! Room and public spaces all beautiful. Staff completely charming and helpful, and manage to make you feel at home straight away. We had a Prestige room - very spacious, with a sideways view of the Grand Canal, and a vast marble bathroom. Champagne breakfast on the terrace in the morning sun, even in November!

Room Tip: Check British Airways for excellent value flight/hotel deals to the Gritti Palace in the quiet seas...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at The Gritti Palace in early November and were ready to permanently move in. We had a standard room NOT facing the canal. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated and the bathroom was luxurious, large and well appointed. We loved having a late afternoon drink on the deck on the Grand Canal - a better view of Venice is difficult to imagine. We dined in the Club de Doge Restaurant and in the bar and were delighted with our meals and the service, not to mention the exquisite setting. The staff at The Gritti Palace really make this hotel unforgettable; they were fantastic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple