I've travelled Europe often - since I was 18 and now I'm 50. This hotel room was the quality of a youth hostel I might have been forced to select for $25 in 1986, not a $460 room for my family of 4. Aside from looking like a low-level college dorm room with terrible mattresses, thin covers and unattractive furniture, the room was still dirty. The bathroom floor had black hair on it, and every blanket (there were 3 beds) was dirty. It looked like a sad dorm room, not a hotel. I complained about the quality of the room as compared to the price, and was told there was not another room available and no discount would be offered. Our daughter's room, down the hall, was only marginally better but at least was substantially cheaper since she booked that very day. There are enough decent hotels in Venice that I would not recommend this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will lose yourself in the atmosphere of Venice that you have always dreamed of, between San Marco and the Ponte di Rialto, lodged in a splendid, completely renovated seventeenth-century palace. In the middle of the historic center, within walking distance from all the most significant places in the city, the Hotel Gorizia "A La Valigia" offers maximum comfort and the best services for an exclusive and relaxing vacation in one of the most characteristic 3-star hotels in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Gorizia A La Valigia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gorizia a La Valigia Hotel Venice
- Gorizia a La Valigia Venice