Hotel Abbazia
US$392
Hotel Moresco(Venice)
US$349
  • Breakfast included
Ai Mori d'Oriente Hotel(Venice)
US$234
US$231
US$304
US$231
2,012 results
All reviewstrain stationformer monasterychurch bellsgrand canalscalzi bridgearriving by trainno elevatorvaporetto stophard boiled eggswater buseslounge areanarrow alleyyour luggageside streetpiazzale romapastrieslovely hotel
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. Room was big and clean and staff was really nice. The bed was a bit too firm for me. The bathroom was clean. It didn't have a shower which I didn't expect but was ok. Just a tub with a handheld shower head. And the bathroom could use more hooks! (Hotels never have enough hooks ... ladies need these for clothes, towels, etc) We stayed on the top floor and a bellman delivered and picked up our luggage for us when we left. Location is great if you are arriving by train. It was a very short walk and very easy to find. (And no water taxi fares to your hotel!) When leaving we were heading to the airport. We walked past the train station over a bridge to the bus depot area. You just catch a shuttle to the airport for I think 5 euros and you are at the airport in 20 minutes. Really easy! (Though carrying the luggage on the bridge to the bus depot wasn't exactly fun, but it was manageable) Ask the front desk for details. The bus comes twice an hour I think. Breakfast was decent ... boiled eggs, cheese, meat, yogurt, bread, fruit etc. Also, the garden area was nice but I feel like they need to do away with the linens on the tables and chairs or replace them. It seemed dirty to me and kinda put me off eating breakfast outside. I would recommend this hotel with the caveat that good restaurants are not close by so you'll either have a bit of a walk to a good restaurant or just hop on the waterbus. And the hotel was our most expensive in Italy ... but for ease of getting around and eating dinner, stay on Venice (Murano, Lido, etc are a bit too far out and it's nice to have the option to walk after dinner if you can)

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a shower (only a tub) so ask if you need one (I'm not sure if they are available or not)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ideaswelcome8
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I am so remiss in writing this review!!!

I stayed here on May 13th, 14th, and 15th of 2012. It was recommended to us by a priest who travels Italy extensively. We loved it. This was our first trip abroad and I expected a tiny room and was surprised that it was a normal size room. And our room was immaculate. Breakfast was terrific. The hotel was quiet and it was comfortable hanging out in the common areas. Never any problems with plumbing and we always had hot water.The best part of Abbazia is the staff. Rafaelle (sp?) and Mirko went way beyond their jobs to help me. Rafaelle helped to check us in early and Mirko was simply a delight to listen to as he delt with other guests. He moved from Italian to French to English masterfully. It was quite fun to watch him.

Now, having just started traveling abroad, I must say that, firstly, Trip Advisor is so helpful. Secondly, travelers can be such a pain!!! It stuns me how spoiled people are and how high their expectations are of the world!!!! The complaints I see on trip Advisor for the most minute, insignificant things astound!!! What I want from a hotel is: cleanliness, security, and quiet. Hotel Abbazia exceeded my expectations all around. Real nice folk are at your service, and I especially liked the touch of the complimentary umbrellas at the front door!

I will tell all of my friends to stay here. All of them.

Thank you so much Rafaelle for everything you did for us. And, God, I hope I got your name right. It was whoever checked me in. You got our amazing vacation off to a terrific start. Thank you.

Stan Kansas
Phoenix, Arizona

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank StanKansas2012
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We loved our stay at the Hotel Abbazia in Venice.

We had a superior room, (302) and it was fantastic. Larger then just about any hotel room I've been in. The bathroom was also a nice size. It even had an alcove with a walk in closet.

The decor is just what I would expect in Venice. I think others reviewed the furniture as old, but we felt it just added to the ambiance of the place.

The breakfast was very good and staffed at all times. I saw that others mentioned going 'early', I'm not sure why, we went at different times each day we were there and never felt it was crowded.

The bells didn't bother us, we were up (though not necessarily out of bed) by 7 anyway.

I will relate one story. They provide a very nice safe in the room and my husband and I made use of it. One day we went out touring, but forgot to shut the door to the safe (a case of he said, she said), anyway we got back and saw the door wide open and knew we had left it open. Housekeeping had been there already...nothing was touched. We had our computer, a kindle, passports, euros, dollars, even british pounds in there and it had never been touched.

We found all the staff to be pleasant. It's nice to come back to the hotel and get greeted. They also keep very nice umbrellas by the door for you to take in case there is a chance storm.

In short, we really loved our visit here and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luv-to-travel-NH
Reviewed 16 June 2012

A nice hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Great location next to the train station, a Vaporetti stop and a bridge over the Grand Canal although if you're feeling energentic enough it's possible to walk to most places. It took us about 30 mins to walk to St. Mark's Square from the hotel.
The garden is a lovely retreat after you've been out all day. It's nice to sit and relax and cool down a bit with a drink before going out for the evening.
Breakfast was basic but nice. The rooms were small but clean and comfortable. The main thing to be aware of is that there is a church next door and the bells start ringing at 7.15am (7.45am on Sunday). Not a problem if you're awake anyway but not so good if you're not a morning person!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andreagordon305
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Agree with most of the recent comments. One point to note that the hotel is next to a church tower which starts ringing at 7 am. That aside little to pick fault with. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast decent ( be sure to go down early and get a seat outside).

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo