“More than exceeded my expecations”

Hotel Locanda Vivaldi
Ranked #54 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Southern California
“More than exceeded my expecations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

My husband, my two teens and I stayed here for three nights in early June and found the hotel to be charming, very well located and a comfortable place to find refuge from the huge crowds in Venice. We had connecting rooms with a view of the canal and a terrace with a view of the open water. Our terrace was a shady and relaxing place to enjoy a bottle of Proseco or to just watch the world go by.
The rooms were very clean and well cared for and the bathrooms spacious and modern. The a/c worked well.
Views from the rooftop terrace were breathtaking and the bartender very friendly and attentive.
Breakfast was served in two cute rooms crammed with too many small tables that made the already hot room seem way too crowded. The food was fresh and delicious with the best hot chocolate I've ever had.
The Vivaldi has its own private dock for water taxis that made it very convenient for arrivals and departures.
My only criticism was that the two concierges were impatient and seemed bored when answering our many questions.
We will be back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ochw
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Locanda Vivaldi, responded to this review, 6 July 2009
Thank you for your kind feedback!
I'm sure that we will improve those smaller details befero you will be back again here in Venice!

Should you have any other suggestion do not hesitate to contact me, warmest regards!

Roberto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

Yes, you can stay off the Grand Canal for less but also for a whole lot more. This is a old standard, small hotel right smack on the Grand Canal. Your front door is right across the walkway from a Vaporetto stop, very close to the Bridge of Sighs, 1/2 "block" to San Marco, etc etc.
Typically small-ish rooms but not matchbook size and very well appointed. The breakfast was terrific and the staff, for the most part, was very attentive and helpful.
I'm VERY picky and this hotel was perfect for me and my teenage daughter.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine D
Thank you for your feedback!
I hope to see you soon again here.

Have a nice day,

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

Wow- what more can I say except thankyou Locanda Vivaldi for making our anniversary perfect. We had a corner room wih a lagoon view it was superb. The terrace for evening drinks "what a view." Breakfasts lovely. All the staff we met were friendly and polite. so I would hihgly reccommend this hotel. We will be back.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ThewrightsManchester
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Locanda Vivaldi, responded to this review, 24 June 2009
Dear Friend,

thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm really happy to know that you are so enthusiastic of your stay with us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Warmest regards,

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

Stayed here for our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. It was very easy to find arriving at the San Zaccaria stop just down from St Marks Square, not far to walk with the cases.
Staff were very good,room was nice but bathroom a bit small.It was very expensive but so is everything in Venice. Would love to come back to Venice and to this hotel but not sure that we would spend that money again. It is a good choice for a special occassion.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Friend,

first of all congratulation for your Ruby Wedding Anniversary!!! I'm proud that you choosed our hotel to celebrate it.

You are right when you say that Venice is expensive, that's for everybody (venetian also!!!).

I give you a suggestion for your next trip here. If you choose to travel during the winter (or also during July - August) you will save A LOT of money! During those periods we have several special offers.

I hope to see you soon again here, thanks again and have a nice day!

Encino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

I have stayed at this property twice. The first time was with a friend and the whole time I was wishing I was here with my significant other. The second time I came was with my husband.
There is absolutely not one thing I could find about this place that would be negative. The rooms are gorgeous, the views remarkable and location can't be beat. The breakfast in the morning is delicious and the staff there is friendly and very accomodating. (especially to visitors from USA). I have also stayed at the Danieli and I didn't enjoy it as much as I did there. Danieli is just too touristy and pricey.

I don't suggest this hotel if you are traveling with children. Its just too beautiful and romantic and the whole time you will be wishing that you had left them at hom

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luv2Travel26
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Locanda Vivaldi, responded to this review, 3 June 2009
Dear Friend,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel!
I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed the time you spent with us.
I'm just a little sad for those children you want to leave home...

:o)))

I'm kiddin'! You don't need to leave them home, we can find a babysitter!!!

I hope to see you soon again, warmest regards.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2009

My family and I recently spent 2 nights at this warm and welcoming hotel in Venice. We reserved one standard double room and the Junior Suite with the large terrace. From the moment of our arrival at the hotel, the staff was gracious and helpful. They provided excellent recommendations for off-the-beaten path dining and shopping options. The rooms were clean and elegantly furnished. The hotel itself was also clean and well-appointed. Breakfast was served in two charming rooms located near the back of the hotel. There was a good selection of food and the staff was always quick to serve beverages and re-fill empty plates. The hotel's location is also perfect. It is close enough to St Mark's Square while still being far enough away to avoid some of the crowds right around the square. Two added benefits of this hotel are the rooftop terrace which overlooks the lagoon and the beautiful walkway in front of the hotel which is particularly nice in the evening when most of the day-time tourists have left the area for the day.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Locanda Vivaldi, responded to this review, 29 May 2009
Dear Friend,

thank you for your kind feedback! I'm happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to do our best to accomplish any request of our guest. Should you have any suggestion to improve our service please send me an email!

You are right when you say that our terrace is a big plus! It's quite unique in that area because from there you can see everything from Saint Mark Square Columns to San Giorno Island, Giardini della Biennale and even Lido!!!
I inform you also that now we have a restaurant on the terrace, Prete Rosso. It's an exclusive service for the guests of the hotel!!!
The restaurant is seasonal and offers a good selection of fish based traditional dishes, made just with the fresh things that come from the market. You need to try it!

I hope to see you soon again, have a nice day!

West Mids, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

We have stayed in Venice several times and this is one of the nicest hotels we have been fortunate to stay in. We visited for the New Year festivites and were not disappointed.

Prior to the check in the staff were extremely helpful, happy to correspond by telephone. The hotel is ideally located with stunning views of San Giorgio Maggiore and minutes from St Mark's Square. The bedroom was lovely - furnishings that were typically Venetian and extremely clean and well tended. My only small criticism would be that we couldn't order coffee or food after a certain time in the evening and the breakfast room was rather small and cold. But those features really did not affect our stay.

Venice is a wonderful place and this hotel fits the culture, ambience and history of the surrounding area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those looking for a memorable, romantic and cultural excursion.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Dear Friend,

thank you for your feedback. I'm ahappy that you enjoyed your holiday!

I'm sorry if you find that our Breakfast Room was too small and cold. We can't make it bigger but for sure we will increase the temperature of the heating next winter!!!

Concerning the room service, it usually works from 7:00 in the morning until 23:30 in the evening. We will try to extend it a little bit.

Should you have any other suggestion please do not hesitate to contact me, warmest regards!