“Great budget priced hotel!”
Review of Hotel Giorgione

Hotel Giorgione
Ranked #109 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I spent 5 days at the Giorgione & loved every minute of it.The hotel is very close to the vaporetto (water buses) & just a short troll away from a busy shopping area. The street the hotel is on is very quiet despite being right across a very good wine bar & nearby restaurants. In fact there is a restaurant attached to the hotel which was very good & convenient! Breakfast was lovely & varied....loved the fruit salad. The patio was great for eating breakfast, but get an early start in order to get a table outside on nice days. If you love walking & exploring then The Hotel Giorgione is for you. We found it to be very centrally located & just a easy 10 to 15 minute stroll to some of the major attractions! The only minor gripe was from my husband who thought that the air conditioning in our room wasn't cold enough but I thought the temperature was fine. All in all a very good pick for exploring Venice, especially for 1st timers. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ejbPhilly
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Client EjbPhilly,
the property of the hotel greatly appreciates the lovely remarks you have shared regarding our structure and the quality of our service.
We are mostly glad that the Hotel Giorgione has contributed in making special your stay in Venice and we look forward in welcoming you back, therefore please consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice!!
With all our warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Giorgione

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We picked Giorgione for our family of 12 to stay in Venice before a Disney Cruise and couldn't have picked a better hotel for the price, service, location and accomodations. Each of us booked rooms for two adults/two kids with a king bed loft and two twins in the main living area - perfect. Francesca and the entire staff were extremely helpful, always offering excellent customer service and support. Bartender Stennis provided for a nice area for drinks and light snacks. Also great breakfast variety and a spa-sized pool to relax around and cool off. Nicely located near the Grand Canal, lots of restaurants (Casa Mia for Pizza!) and walking distance to San Marco. Check it out, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Better pricing if you pay in advance - lots of room options depending on the number of travelers
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Denny24
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest Denny24,
I personally wish to thank you for all your kind words regarding your kind stay at the Hotel Giorgione!
We all appreciate very much the fact of your right perception about the great heritage that we daily share with our guests.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Venice, therefore please consider the Hotel Giorgione as you Home in the Venetian Lagoon!!!
With all my warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hotel rooms were spacious and had everything we needed. Location is a bit far from center but I enjoyed walking to and from hotel. Plus it also means you have a good place to rest away fro crowds. Breakfast was good.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest Caligrace,
The Hotel Giorgione thanks you for the kind comment that you have left.
We are very glad that you have appreciated our structure and our staff and we would be happy if you could consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice!
With all our warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The photos of the hotel were not misleading. The lobby area and front of the hotel were just as pictured on TripAdvisor.

Also, the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. However, they didn't sell postage.

However, I suspect that I had about the worst room on the property. My very small single room's window opened up to the neighboring room's small balcony, meaning that I had zero privacy and had to keep my curtains drawn. The room was so small that it didn't have any sort of desk/writing table.

Electricity in the room only worked when I was in it, meaning that I couldn't charge my camera or computer unless I was sitting there.

The television did not work well. I had to have the bell boy start it up one night (the power button on both the remote and unit were non-functional), and it just didn't work the second night.

I suspect that my stay was the exception to the norm, which made my stay all of the more disappointing.

Room Tip: Not a problem for me, but be aware that depending upon where your room is located, you may have to c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelingBadger00
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest Travelingbadger00,
many thanks for your review regarding the stay at the Hotel Giorgione.
We are very sorry you did not appreciate our structure and that little things have not made your stay very enjoyable.
I 'm personally always available for all our kind Customers, in order to be able to make the stay of the guests very pleasant. Certainly if you made ​​us part of your discomfort we would have helped for sure and we would make your stay at the hotel very good.
Please consider myself at your kind disposal and please feel free to contact me.
With all my personal kindestregards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Charming hotel convenient to water bus and easy walk to St. Mark's. Very clean and comfortable. Originally had a room where the a/c didn't work, but asked to be moved and we were. Front desk spoke English and was very helpful with directions and recommendations for dinner.

Room Tip: make sure the AC works before you unpack
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank terri51723
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Terri5172,
The Hotel Giorgione would like to thank you for having shared your opinions regarding your stay with us.
We are very glad that you have appreciated your accommodation, our staff and our services, since we always try to do our best to contribute in making special your stay in Venice.
Please consider the Hotel Giorgione as ypour Home in Venice!!!
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, we remain with best regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at Hotel Giorgione for two nights last week and were very impressed to find such a little jewel in the heart of Venice. One often reads how Venetians suffer due to all the tourists, especially since the city is flooded by cruise ship' holidaymakers, but we never felt unwelcome. The staff at Giorgione all spoke excellent English, were friendly and incredibly helpful. My husband and I were completely exhausted from work and lack of sleep when we arrived in Venice and so, as it had to happen after a short holiday, we overlooked some items in the hotel safe, amongst which were my passport! The hotel assisted me in the best possible way on getting my belongings safely to the courier who then picked them up. Even after several phonecalls they always remained friendly, helpful, understanding and polite. The rooms themselves are quite big by Venetian standards (we booked a superior room), and furnished quaintly. The bed was neither hard nor soft. There was ample space to pack our belongings. The hotel amenities are beautifully packed and include everything you could need. The water pressure in the shower was good. The only thing I was missing in the room was a full-length mirror, but there is one on the floor in front of the elevators. Breakfast consists of a big buffet including pasta, eggs, fresh fruit and breadrolls, plus the typical brioche one finds all over Italy. My only complaint would be the coffee, which was rather on the weak side, but considering our levels of tiredness, we would have probably had to take several double espressos before feeling awake. The bar man is very friendly too and served us quickly. The hotel has a tiny pool in the courtyard and several tables for those wishing to have their breakfast outside. While we were there, the hotel cats were still there (we were told they were leaving and going back home), two gorgeous main coons who allowed you to cuddle them a bit. We visited the hotel restaurant one night, it was very good. The wine recommendation was excellent and complimented my food well (it was a 2011 Sicilian wine called Contessa something - needs to breathe though). The prices were moderate and the quality good. The hotel is very close to Rialto and San Marco and easy to reach by vaporetto. Get off at Ca d' Ore, walk up the only alley you can, turn right into the bigger alley with all the shops and walk till you get to the plaza with the church. Stop and look left. You should now be able to see the hotel sign about 20 meters down the alley on the left (the hotel is on the right of the alley). One thing is for sure, we will return - maybe even really soon (though this time we will leave with all our belongings).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EnglishInMunich
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest EnglishinMunich,
we thank you very much for your kind comments shared regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Giorgione!
We are very happy to have contributed to make your stay a very pleasant one and we are very happy to have participated in a piece of your life!
It 'a pleasure for us to see that our daily work, combined with the passion and enthusiasm of all of us, bring to these wonderful results.
Giving assistance to our guests during their stay is a pleasure for us to know that he enjoyed all our services, apart from the coffee :: comforts us a lot!!
Please consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice and we hope to see you back again!!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in this lovely "boutique" hotel for three nights a few weeks ago.. Yes, it is older, but all of the hotels in Venice with character are, that's the charm! The hotel is an easy 10 min walk to St. Mark's Square -but delightfully elegant inside and it is on a relatively quiet street- a welcome respite from the tourist crowds. The rooms were standard size (not too small) and they were impeccably clean. The staff members were absolutely helpful, friendly, and greeted us warmly each time we returned to the hotel. Having now seen alternatives and relative hotel layouts and locations-we will surely stay here when we return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gigi R
hotelgiorgione, Quality Travel at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Gigi R,
We would like to thank you very much for having shared your opinions regarding our recent stay at the Hotel Giorgione.
We are very pleased to understand that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated your accommodation and services.
We would like to give you a welcome back very soon, hoping that you will consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice!
With best regards,