“good but.....”
Review of Hotel Giorgione

Hotel Giorgione
Ranked #110 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 25 July 2014

nice location between st marks sq and the train station made it easy to get anywhere quickly with the vaporetto stop nearby.there were several good restaurants, a market, street vendors, stores of all types and a gondola station all is easy walking distance. the rooms were small but we didn't spend much time there but the a/c left a lot to be desired...the room was warm and never seemed to cool at all. breakfast was ok if different from what we are used to. the furnishings were nice, the bed comfortable and staff excellent and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Tm,
many thanks for your kind review regarding your kind stay at the Hotel Giorgione!
The property of the hotel greatly appreciates the lovely remarks you have shared regarding our structure and the quality of our service.
.We are mostly glad that the Hotel Giorgione has contributed in making special your stay in Venice and we look forward in welcoming you back, therefore please consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice!
With all my personal warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I have been looking at our photos from our wonderful trip last year and we both agreed that Venice and our stay at Hotel Giorgione was one of the highlights of our 6 weeks away. The hotel had such a friendly family atmosphere, was in a great location for exploring on foot and to come back to the courtyard bar each evening for a nightcap before retiring rounded off each perfect day. We are so looking forward to our next trip and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki S
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest Vicki S,
we thank you very much for the kind and beautiful comments you have shared about the Hotel Giorgione.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we are very pleased that our structure and staff came up to your expectations.
We always try to do our best in making special the stay of our guests!
We look forward to welcome you back again hoping that you will consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good location for seeing the sights but the room was a little on the small side - fortunately didn't spend a lot of time in it. Breakfast was OK but the coffee was extremely weak and not to Italian standards;ended up taking tea instead. The courtyard has a spa pool and I thought it was a little cheeky that they wanted 5 euros just to use this - I didn't think it was worth it myself.
There is free wi-fi but you need to get a password from Reception which they didn't make clear on check-in. Also the TV only as BBC World News which was a bit restricting.
Location good for getting out and about and seeing the sights and there are a good selection of bars and restaurants close by. Beware the service charge is some bars and restaurants though (not just in St Marks Square) as it can really add up.
Get a vaporetto ticket for getting out and about and they are really good value for money and can be used night and day;they don't cover the airport though. OK hotel all-in-all but might be worth shopping around first before settling on this one.

1  Thank CaptainsWife1
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dera Guest CaptAINSw,
we thank you very much for the comments you have published regarding your stay at the Hotel Giorgione.
It is usually a pleasure for me to respond to clients that take their time to share their experiences, and this time I am even more satisfied in doing it because it is very rewarding when customers read also what the hotel has to say.It gives sense to the effort that we put in trying to listen to all our guests and learn from their negative comments (and joy for the positive ones!!!!).
Unfortunately very few of our rooms are small. This is due to the nature of the building, an historical palace dated 1300. Being certified as historical it is not possible to touch and change the arrangement of the structure. I assure you that the most part of our accommodations are spacious and have plenty of light. You should try one with the roof top, the view is just amazing.
Our emotinal bath in the garden is a very relaxing bath and the small cost of euro 5,00 per person for the whole stay is just to have bathrobe and flip-flops.
The coffee for breakfast is for international customers as Italian coffee is very strong and sometimes do not like it at all, our staff is available if the customer wish to have an expresso, free of charge.
We would be very happy to welcome you again hoping you will consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice!!!
With all our best regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I spent 5 days at the Giorgione & loved every minute of it.The hotel is very close to the vaporetto (water buses) & just a short troll away from a busy shopping area. The street the hotel is on is very quiet despite being right across a very good wine bar & nearby restaurants. In fact there is a restaurant attached to the hotel which was very good & convenient! Breakfast was lovely & varied....loved the fruit salad. The patio was great for eating breakfast, but get an early start in order to get a table outside on nice days. If you love walking & exploring then The Hotel Giorgione is for you. We found it to be very centrally located & just a easy 10 to 15 minute stroll to some of the major attractions! The only minor gripe was from my husband who thought that the air conditioning in our room wasn't cold enough but I thought the temperature was fine. All in all a very good pick for exploring Venice, especially for 1st timers. We would definitely stay here again

3  Thank ejbPhilly

Dear Client EjbPhilly,
the property of the hotel greatly appreciates the lovely remarks you have shared regarding our structure and the quality of our service.
We are mostly glad that the Hotel Giorgione has contributed in making special your stay in Venice and we look forward in welcoming you back, therefore please consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We picked Giorgione for our family of 12 to stay in Venice before a Disney Cruise and couldn't have picked a better hotel for the price, service, location and accomodations. Each of us booked rooms for two adults/two kids with a king bed loft and two twins in the main living area - perfect. Francesca and the entire staff were extremely helpful, always offering excellent customer service and support. Bartender Stennis provided for a nice area for drinks and light snacks. Also great breakfast variety and a spa-sized pool to relax around and cool off. Nicely located near the Grand Canal, lots of restaurants (Casa Mia for Pizza!) and walking distance to San Marco. Check it out, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Better pricing if you pay in advance - lots of room options depending on the number of travelers
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Denny24
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest Denny24,
I personally wish to thank you for all your kind words regarding your kind stay at the Hotel Giorgione!
We all appreciate very much the fact of your right perception about the great heritage that we daily share with our guests.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Venice, therefore please consider the Hotel Giorgione as you Home in the Venetian Lagoon!!!
With all my warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hotel rooms were spacious and had everything we needed. Location is a bit far from center but I enjoyed walking to and from hotel. Plus it also means you have a good place to rest away fro crowds. Breakfast was good.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest Caligrace,
The Hotel Giorgione thanks you for the kind comment that you have left.
We are very glad that you have appreciated our structure and our staff and we would be happy if you could consider the Hotel Giorgione as your home in Venice!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The photos of the hotel were not misleading. The lobby area and front of the hotel were just as pictured on TripAdvisor.

Also, the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. However, they didn't sell postage.

However, I suspect that I had about the worst room on the property. My very small single room's window opened up to the neighboring room's small balcony, meaning that I had zero privacy and had to keep my curtains drawn. The room was so small that it didn't have any sort of desk/writing table.

Electricity in the room only worked when I was in it, meaning that I couldn't charge my camera or computer unless I was sitting there.

The television did not work well. I had to have the bell boy start it up one night (the power button on both the remote and unit were non-functional), and it just didn't work the second night.

I suspect that my stay was the exception to the norm, which made my stay all of the more disappointing.

Room Tip: Not a problem for me, but be aware that depending upon where your room is located, you may have to c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelingBadger00
hotelgiorgione, Quality Manager at Hotel Giorgione, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest Travelingbadger00,
many thanks for your review regarding the stay at the Hotel Giorgione.
We are very sorry you did not appreciate our structure and that little things have not made your stay very enjoyable.
I 'm personally always available for all our kind Customers, in order to be able to make the stay of the guests very pleasant. Certainly if you made ​​us part of your discomfort we would have helped for sure and we would make your stay at the hotel very good.
Please consider myself at your kind disposal and please feel free to contact me.
With all my personal kindestregards,