Al Ponte Antico Hotel
Hotel Rialto(Venice)
Ca' Giorgio(Venice)
Al Campiello(Venice)
1,385 results
All reviewsrialto bridgegrand canalcrepeswater taxiboutique hotelterrace overlookinghotel terracemoment you arrivejunior suitethe entire staffevery staff memberwatching the worldevery morningstay in venicesmall hotelwatching the boatsour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed here on the last day of our honeymoon and it was AMAZING. The owner and his staff were by far the friendliest and most accommodating hotel staff we have ever met. I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel. The owner upgraded our room because of our honeymoon and provided us with a bottle of NICE champagne. He helped us with our travel plans for the next day. I think the view and the decor really made the atmosphere so romantic. But THE BEST PART was the industrial air conditioning in the room. After waling around all day in the hot summer heat, coming back to the room was just like paradise! We didn't even bother going out to eat, we had the best view outside our window.
This hotel deserves its rating and very much worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chrystal1483
Reviewed 31 August 2012

At few places that you stay in your lifetime will everyone learn your name immediately and greet you warmly by name each time they see you. While staying at Al Ponte Antico, you get the impression it is everyone's pleasure to be of service. This small hotel is centrally located by the Rialto bridge with easy access to the vaporetto. Beautiful decor and great terrace overlooking the Grand Canal & Rialto bridge, where you can enjoy a great breakfast each morning. Rooms are definitely European standards, but comfortable and beautiful. We would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return when in Venice again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a room with a view of the Grand Canal.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I had always wanted to go to Venice and decided this was the summer I would finally go!
In a nutshell, the Al Ponte Antico was the best choice! It's everything that the reviews say-amazing location, great staff who really do know who you are as you walk in the door, friendly service. I wanted a hotel with a little something 'special' and it did not disappoint.

I could sit out on the terrace all day watching the world go by. Breakfast was great, just enough of what you'd need and the servers were lovely, always asking if you were fine and if you were having a nice day. Clearly they enjoyed being there. That much was evident. Being so close to the Realto bridge and about 10 minutes walk away from St Marks was a bonus. Within minutes of checking in, I was out and about. Convinved I'd get lost! Amazingly all the alleyways lead to each other...so you really will find your way back. My plan was always to get a water taxi from the airport and arrive in style. I loved this and worth the steep 110euros. It's not something I am going to do every day. I loved just walking around and stopping for a gelato or a slice of pizza just when the mood takes you.

My room was lovely-typically not my style (I like minimalist) but very tastefully decorated with drapes and a bureaux to sit and write at. I was a single traveller and the room and bathroom were a great size with all ameneties that one would require. Clean too!

I originally thought I would not travel to Murano and Burano butt decided to go and have a look, thinking I'd just stay half an hour or so at each place to say I'd been but they were completely breathtaking little places and I stayed a couple of hours at each. Highly suggest you go!und the ferries a little confusing but that may just be me. generally you hop on and you'll end up somewhere near where you want to be eventually. No need to rush around in Venice anyway so all the more reason to 'get lost'

Would return in a heart beat to Venice and this hotel. I've already told all my friends where to stay on their next visit. Won't go on too much as you'll all discover Venice for yourselves but if you're looking for a hotel that is just in the most idyllic spot, then look now futher. Book and enjoy!

Room Tip: I was in 106 I think, right off the dining room but you couldn't hear a thing
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank GJinHK
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Very good location. Near Rialto bridge. Excellent breakfast. Friendly staff. They call all their guests by their names with special attention. Depending on the room, it can be a dark one as the buildings are very close each other. This is very typical for Venice. Very nice stay.

Room Tip: Suite in the lower level has a very nice view to the river and Rialto bridge.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gcuccioletti
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel is beautifully decorated, and serves as a very genuine example of a beautiful town house ( not so sure about the Palace claims mind). It is very special to be able to sit out with a glass of local wine watching the day close from the only balcony on the canal!

The staff are wonderful, and do everything possible to make your stay perfect. If anything, at times it can be all a little too personal and feels like you are staying in someone's back room...but that comes I guess from the intimacy of the place.

The only thing I would say is that the back bedroom (which we had for the first 2 nights) is not great. It is depressing with no windows, and the bathroom was poor.
Also, they need to invest in the bathrooms in general as they are very basic and poor in comparison to the rest of the hotel.

All in all, very good and highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple