“True gem in Venice”

Ranked #1 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Houston, TX
“True gem in Venice”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel definitely set the tone for our entire trip to Venice. Having visited Venice for a day last year in the middle of Carnaval, unknowingly, we did not have a good first trip to Venice. Upon stepping foot into this hotel, we knew this trip would be different. You really feel special and like someone important when you stay here. Everyone knows you by name, they go out of their way to help you in anyway they can, and the made-to-order breakfasts are to die for. Our room was beautiful and reminded me of a royal room. The bar/dining room and balcony overlooking the Grand Canal are unbelievable. A perfect way to unwind at the end of the day or for a little rest in the middle of the day. All of these things considered, I think this is a great value for your money, especially in pricey Venice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wisconsinbadgers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
York, Maine
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Home away from home. The location is great, the view out onto the canal is great, the rooms are great, the made to order breakfast is great, but what sets Al Ponte Antico apart is the staff. Led by the owner, Matteo, we have never felt so at home and so pampered. No stone was left upturned to make sure that our stay was memorable. To stay in a magical city like Venice and have your Hotel be one of the highlights is saying something. I apologize ahead of time if my spelling is wrong. I want to thank Romena for her warm greetings at the front desk and lovely personality. Katrina who made our breakfast so much fun and started our day out on such a high note Last but not least, Matteo, who was as gracious a person as I have ever met.

Thank You !! I know where I'm staying if we make back to Venice again.

I'm sure all the rooms are nice. We stayed in 101, which is a great location. Looks out over the canal and the Breakfast area is right outside the door. I would highly recommend taking a trip over to Burano. It is so much different than Venice and a very interesting place with the brightly colored houses. The trip out took about an hour but it was already covered as part of the public water bus pass we bought. A photographers dream !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 4 February 2014

After a wonderful week of skiing in the dolomites, this hotel was all I needed! Due to its location, we had easy access to all major attractions but could also retreat whenever we wanted to. Matteo and his team are simply superb.

After a long day of walking around, you can go out to the terrace and enjoy your favorite drink while watching the gondolas go by. The views are simply breathtaking over the Rialto bridge.

Kudos to Matteo and his family for discovering this gem and turning it into one of the finest boutique hotels of Venice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have just returned today from Venice and I couldn't wait to post my review. Just as with all the other comments, I cannot compliment Matteo and his staff enough. I have never been greeted as warmly and their tips and recommendations helped to make our anniversary stay very special. Due to exceptional high tides, we had to vacate our suite for one night, but they were so helpful that this all just added to our adventure. Breakfast was also a lovely relaxing experience with freshly cooked omelettes. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel and would love to return.

Room Tip: For a special treat, choose the junior suite with a view onto the Grand Canal.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaF279
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Words cannot describe this hotel! It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Matteo and his team are wonderful, they make you feel at home, special and that nothing is too much trouble for them. The attention to detail is unbelievable! We have stayed in many hotels but this is an experience that will be very hard to top! Go and stay there, allow yourself to be spoiled! The location could be better, the building and rooms are beautiful and Matteo's amazing breakfasts are hard to beat!
An unforgettable experience and I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: the Delux room was amazing but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 30 January 2014

It's true! Just as many reviewers have indicated - this is a gem. The staff is amazing. They know your name when you arrive and great you by name the entire stay. Fantastic location. Walking distance to many attractions, shops, and restaurants. We enjoyed breakfast and evening drinks in the fabulous balcony overlooking the canal and Rialto bridge. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bovec, Slovenia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I chose this hotel because of references on tripadvisor. I must say that I was pleased with the hotel and its interior. Because I booked the hotel in the last minute I got a good price- i hope. We were staying at junior suit which is very beautiful and large room with view on the famous bridge Ponte di Rialto. The staff was very friendly, the use of wifi is free. The only small problem that I saw were small damages on the interior, but you need to have realy good eye. On the end I recomend the hotel specialy for the cuples.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple