“An amazing 30th Birthday surprise”

Al Ponte Antico Hotel
Ranked #1 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My partner and I stayed at the hotel for my 30th birthday. It was a truly wonderful stay in a glorious hotel. The staff (led by Matteo) were the friendliest we've ever experienced - the service is truly exceptional and personal. We were genuinely touched by their efforts in making it so special and one of our best trips away.

Our room was on the ground floor and overlooked the Grand Canal where we could see the Rialto bridge. The room was huge, very fancy and had lovely robes and slipped on the bed for us. The hotel is in a great location and a lovely markets and all the sites. The breakfast which was included was absolutely wonderful and the bar and dining room was a really lovely spot to eat and drink. The terrace is lovely too with great views.

This hotel is truly exceptional. We've recommended to our friends and hope to come back again and also to visit Matteo's other hotels in Italy.

1  Thank bertiecuthbert
Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Im gonna keep this review short and simple. There is not a better hotel in Venice, possibly in the world. They are the definition of what customer service should ALWAYS be and unfortunately the world has forgotten the True meaning of it. Thank you for making my short stay so special and you already know that now your hotel is my new home anytime I will come back to Venice. I will also make sure anyone I know that will ever come to Venice I will make sure they will come stay there.
Thank you again. Siete davvero fantastici. Grazie ancora di tutto. ;)

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel definitely set the tone for our entire trip to Venice. Having visited Venice for a day last year in the middle of Carnaval, unknowingly, we did not have a good first trip to Venice. Upon stepping foot into this hotel, we knew this trip would be different. You really feel special and like someone important when you stay here. Everyone knows you by name, they go out of their way to help you in anyway they can, and the made-to-order breakfasts are to die for. Our room was beautiful and reminded me of a royal room. The bar/dining room and balcony overlooking the Grand Canal are unbelievable. A perfect way to unwind at the end of the day or for a little rest in the middle of the day. All of these things considered, I think this is a great value for your money, especially in pricey Venice!

1  Thank wisconsinbadgers
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Home away from home. The location is great, the view out onto the canal is great, the rooms are great, the made to order breakfast is great, but what sets Al Ponte Antico apart is the staff. Led by the owner, Matteo, we have never felt so at home and so pampered. No stone was left upturned to make sure that our stay was memorable. To stay in a magical city like Venice and have your Hotel be one of the highlights is saying something. I apologize ahead of time if my spelling is wrong. I want to thank Romena for her warm greetings at the front desk and lovely personality. Katrina who made our breakfast so much fun and started our day out on such a high note Last but not least, Matteo, who was as gracious a person as I have ever met.

Thank You !! I know where I'm staying if we make back to Venice again.

I'm sure all the rooms are nice. We stayed in 101, which is a great location. Looks out over the canal and the Breakfast area is right outside the door. I would highly recommend taking a trip over to Burano. It is so much different than Venice and a very interesting place with the brightly colored houses. The trip out took about an hour but it was already covered as part of the public water bus pass we bought. A photographers dream !

Reviewed 4 February 2014

After a wonderful week of skiing in the dolomites, this hotel was all I needed! Due to its location, we had easy access to all major attractions but could also retreat whenever we wanted to. Matteo and his team are simply superb.

After a long day of walking around, you can go out to the terrace and enjoy your favorite drink while watching the gondolas go by. The views are simply breathtaking over the Rialto bridge.

Kudos to Matteo and his family for discovering this gem and turning it into one of the finest boutique hotels of Venice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have just returned today from Venice and I couldn't wait to post my review. Just as with all the other comments, I cannot compliment Matteo and his staff enough. I have never been greeted as warmly and their tips and recommendations helped to make our anniversary stay very special. Due to exceptional high tides, we had to vacate our suite for one night, but they were so helpful that this all just added to our adventure. Breakfast was also a lovely relaxing experience with freshly cooked omelettes. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel and would love to return.

Room Tip: For a special treat, choose the junior suite with a view onto the Grand Canal.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaF279
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Words cannot describe this hotel! It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Matteo and his team are wonderful, they make you feel at home, special and that nothing is too much trouble for them. The attention to detail is unbelievable! We have stayed in many hotels but this is an experience that will be very hard to top! Go and stay there, allow yourself to be spoiled! The location could be better, the building and rooms are beautiful and Matteo's amazing breakfasts are hard to beat!
An unforgettable experience and I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: the Delux room was amazing but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple