Hotel La Fenice Et Des Artistes
US$266
US$324
US$267
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssingle roomquiet squaresan marcocroissantscharming hotelitalian hotelstucked awayhamminutes walk awaywater taxitop floorperfect locationrialto bridgebreakfast was includedthe hotel websitewithin easy walking distancevenetian style
Reviewed 15 September 2011

A little hard to find, but conveniently located in a nice small quite square just a few minutes walk from San Marco Square. Staff was friendly and very helpful. I had a single room wich was very small but clean and adequate. It had a great view out the window of a nice courtyard and a small canal. The included breakfast was very basic, but you can order things like eggs, fried meat and yogurt for an extra charge. I was not able to access the Internet from my room, but had no problem while sitting in the lobby. There was a charge of 2 euro for 24 hours for Internet. TV had lots of stations but only BBC and CNN in english. There is an attached restaurant which I didn't try but seemed to be crowded every night. There was nothing about this hotel that really wow'd me (except the location) but also no complaints. For the price this seemed to be a great value considering the location and how much more other similar hotels cost.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I think the hotel is a good value for the money. The website gives a good hint on how to get there - it helped me a lot.
The hotel is located in the center of everything (3 minutes walk from San Marco square) and at the same time it's not noisy.
The breakfast was very basic, but ok.
The room is clean, well equipped. No mosquitos, by the way. Or maybe I was just lucky.
Fair air-conditioning.
Staff is very helpful, nice and multi-lingual.
I'm very satisfied with my stay there and should I return to Venice, I'd like to stay in this hotel.
If you ask me, I'd recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Would totally recommend this hotel. We spent our honeymoon here. Was upgraded as soon as I mentioned this. Located in San Marco which is the best place to be, next to the opera house. Room had AC.Breakfast was a typical continental but was just ok. Staff were friendly and helpful, little italian lady added to the atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Great location in Venice, but our room was very basic. The bathroom was newer and very clean. Air conditioning was fair.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie2115
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Not having stayed here before, the "how to find us" detail on their website was invaluable and so easy to find, even though the hotel is tucked away. A good standard of accommodation, the room was well set out and, most importantly, effective air conditioning, it was 37c when we were in Venice. Bed was comfortable, storage space was more than needed. The room was well serviced and always available. Breakfast service was acceptable, although the replenishment of the buffet food erred on the slow side, I just needed a little more patience! The reception staff could not have been more helpful, top marks to them all. Overall a good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple